Don’t feel sorry for yourself. Don’t be bitter. Don’t shut people out. A crotchety, alcoholic, wheelchair-bound coot played on cruise control by Morgan Freeman learns these recycled lessons in a pastel-colored, embroidered wall-hanging of a drama directed by Rob Reiner. Lucky old coot — the single mother next door is pretty Virginia Madsen, and she’s raising three cute daughters in a kind of 21st-century Mayberry. C
THE MAGIC OF BELLE ISLE Morgan Freeman and Virgina Madsen
Starring: Morgan Freeman; Director: Rob Reiner; Release Date Limited: 07/06/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 109; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted July 6 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Brie Larson and Saoirse Ronan to be honored by Santa Barbara Film Festival
- 'Survivor Talk': Stephen and Ciera critique each other's games
- New honest trailer points out how 'Minions' is kind of like 'Joey'
- Digital stars call for YouTube to delete Sam Pepper's channel
- Fox responds to reports of bear rape in 'The Revenant'
- 'Scream Queens' exclusive: Black Friday gets bloody
- Sara Bareilles' 'Waitress' makes history with all-female creative team