Don’t feel sorry for yourself. Don’t be bitter. Don’t shut people out. A crotchety, alcoholic, wheelchair-bound coot played on cruise control by Morgan Freeman learns these recycled lessons in a pastel-colored, embroidered wall-hanging of a drama directed by Rob Reiner. Lucky old coot — the single mother next door is pretty Virginia Madsen, and she’s raising three cute daughters in a kind of 21st-century Mayberry. C
THE MAGIC OF BELLE ISLE Morgan Freeman and Virgina Madsen
Starring: Morgan Freeman; Director: Rob Reiner; Runtime (in minutes): 109; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: ‘not perfect,' 'determined’
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'
- John Boyega talks 'Star Wars': 'something symbolic about new generation and old coming together'
- 'Furious 7' wins at box office; No. 5 in all-time global earnings
- 'Goodfellas' reunion: 8 'funny' stories from the cast Q&A