Don’t feel sorry for yourself. Don’t be bitter. Don’t shut people out. A crotchety, alcoholic, wheelchair-bound coot played on cruise control by Morgan Freeman learns these recycled lessons in a pastel-colored, embroidered wall-hanging of a drama directed by Rob Reiner. Lucky old coot — the single mother next door is pretty Virginia Madsen, and she’s raising three cute daughters in a kind of 21st-century Mayberry. C
THE MAGIC OF BELLE ISLE Morgan Freeman and Virgina Madsen
Starring: Morgan Freeman; Director: Rob Reiner; Runtime (in minutes): 109; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted July 6 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Chris Pratt on being a sex symbol: 'Before, I was the sweaty guy who didn't give a s---'
- Munich Film Festival to honor Alexander Payne with retrospective
- George R.R. Martin reveals which religion inspired that 'Game of Thrones' cult
- How 50 Cent's near-fatal shooting wound up being a key part of 'Power'
- 'Game of Thrones' showrunner on why those two paths crossed now: 'this just felt right'
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!