Marvel Studios is aiming high with the latest in its ”One-Shot” series of DVD extras. Item 47, which will be available Sept. 25 on the Avengers Blu-ray, will get a special screening at San Diego’s Comic-Con. The title refers to a discarded alien gun from The Avengers’ climactic battle, found by a desperate young couple played by Lizzy Caplan (Party Down) and Jesse Bradford (Flags of Our Fathers). ”The world is topsy-turvy now. There’s been an alien invasion, and things are crazy,” explains Marvel Studios co-president Louis D’Esposito, who directed the short. ”So when this gun literally fell into their lap, this is a sign: We’re going to rob a few banks, we’re going to buy a boat, we’re going to the Caribbean, and all our problems will be solved.” Two S.H.I.E.L.D. agents (Thor’s Maximiliano Hernández and Lost’s Man in Black Titus Welliver) are given the job of cleaning up their mess. Marvel is exploring whether short films like this could help introduce fans to more superhero characters from its universe. Big things, as someone like Ant-Man could tell you, sometimes start out small.
Posted July 6 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Christian Slater channeled his inner Ethel Merman for 'King Cobra'
- Lady Gaga: 'Joanne' sealed my Super Bowl halftime show deal
- 'Legends of Tomorrow' video reveals first look at Citizen Steel
- 'Better Things': Olivia Edward on when she's allowed to watch the show
- Stephen Colbert completely fails his Canadian citizenship interview
- Gal Gadot had military training before she met Donald Trump
- 'Vampire Diaries' boss talks bringing characters back