It wasn’t entirely shocking when the Monday Night Football theme-song icon was eighty-sixed from the show last fall after comments he made comparing Obama to Hitler. Williams’ hard-right politics were never really hidden, and Old School New Rules leans heavily on that persona, spewing Internet-troll claptrap about the ”gotcha” media and impinged freedom. All the Don’t Tread on Me-isms trample some otherwise winning melodies, like the Brad Paisley-assisted tribute to Jr.’s dad, ”I’m Gonna Get Drunk and Play Hank Williams.” C-
'OLD SCHOOL' POLITICS Williams gets lost in politics and forgets about his day job as a musician (CMT)
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Hank Williams Jr.; Music Label: Warner Bros.
Posted July 6 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Christian Slater on relating to his 'King Cobra' role
- Why 'Trick 'r Treat' is the perfect Halloween movie
- Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder celebrates pennant victory with Chicago Cubs
- Kanye West won't go to the Grammys if Frank Ocean's not nominated
- 'Doctor Strange' reviews: Here's what the critics think
- Watch Lady Gaga rock through 'A-YO,' 'Million Reasons' on 'SNL'
- 'Man With a Plan': Matt LeBlanc on his 'bananas' new show