Madea, that soulful battle-ax, finally runs out of gas. In what sounds like the worst sitcom pilot of 1977, George (Eugene Levy), a disgraced CFO, is placed in Witness Protection — which means that he and his spoiled family have to hide out in Madea’s house. But the culture clash fizzles. George’s son asks for Wi-Fi, and Madea says, ”Sure, I can make you a waffle.” That’s one of the good jokes. D+
TYLER PERRY'S MADEA'S WITNESS PROTECTION Tyler Perry
Starring: Eugene Levy, Tyler Perry; Director: Tyler Perry; Release Date Wide: 06/29/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 114; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Lionsgate
Posted July 6 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Taylor warned Kanye against 'strong misogynistic message' in 'Famous'
- See Bob Odenkirk try to explain 'Better Call Saul' in 60 seconds
- 'Scandal' actor Tony Goldwyn thinks Fitz should get on Tinder
- 'Price is Right' specials to host contestants from 'Big Brother,' 'Survivor'
- Ross Marquand of 'TWD' to guest-star on 'The Mindy Project,' 'Deadbeat'
- Stephen Colbert thinks 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' sounds depressing
- First Listen: Ellen Pompeo on Meredith's shocking 'Grey's Anatomy' attack