Madea, that soulful battle-ax, finally runs out of gas. In what sounds like the worst sitcom pilot of 1977, George (Eugene Levy), a disgraced CFO, is placed in Witness Protection — which means that he and his spoiled family have to hide out in Madea’s house. But the culture clash fizzles. George’s son asks for Wi-Fi, and Madea says, ”Sure, I can make you a waffle.” That’s one of the good jokes. D+
TYLER PERRY'S MADEA'S WITNESS PROTECTION Tyler Perry
Starring: Eugene Levy, Tyler Perry; Director: Tyler Perry; Release Date Wide: 06/29/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 114; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Lionsgate
Posted July 6 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Listen to 'Carmelo Anthony' and Jesse Eisenberg read from 'Bream Gives Me Hiccups' -- exclusive
- Shadowman returns to the Valiant Universe in 'Operation: Deadside'
- Nina Dobrev, Matt McGorry, and more advocate for sexual consent in 'It's On Us' campaign
- 'Survivor' players reveal whom they want out of the game first
- Demi Lovato pays tribute to late father on anticipated fall album—exclusive details
- See the 'Halo 5' opening cinematic (with Nathan Fillion and Mike Colter)
- Eddie Redmayne becomes 'The Danish Girl' in film's first trailer
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Kendall Jenner, Jamie Dornan, Katie Holmes & More!