Madea, that soulful battle-ax, finally runs out of gas. In what sounds like the worst sitcom pilot of 1977, George (Eugene Levy), a disgraced CFO, is placed in Witness Protection — which means that he and his spoiled family have to hide out in Madea’s house. But the culture clash fizzles. George’s son asks for Wi-Fi, and Madea says, ”Sure, I can make you a waffle.” That’s one of the good jokes. D+
TYLER PERRY'S MADEA'S WITNESS PROTECTION Tyler Perry
Starring: Eugene Levy, Tyler Perry; Director: Tyler Perry; Release Date Wide: 06/29/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 114; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Lionsgate
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- Who is Trevor Noah? He could be the next Daily Show host
- Jerry Seinfeld on Wale: 'He's got that true artistic spirit'
- 'Orphan Black' star Jordan Gavaris talks Felix
- Kids' Choice Awards host Nick Jonas answers questions from kids
- 'Walking Dead' star Tovah Feldshuh on Rick-Deanna showdown
- '12 Monkeys' exec producer: THAT Ramse arc 'planned from the first minute'
- Prince sued in recording battle over 'Voice' singer Judith Hill
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Jimmy Fallon, Liv Tyler, Emilia Clarke & More!