Madea, that soulful battle-ax, finally runs out of gas. In what sounds like the worst sitcom pilot of 1977, George (Eugene Levy), a disgraced CFO, is placed in Witness Protection — which means that he and his spoiled family have to hide out in Madea’s house. But the culture clash fizzles. George’s son asks for Wi-Fi, and Madea says, ”Sure, I can make you a waffle.” That’s one of the good jokes. D+
TYLER PERRY'S MADEA'S WITNESS PROTECTION Tyler Perry
Starring: Eugene Levy, Tyler Perry; Director: Tyler Perry; Release Date Wide: 06/29/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 114; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Lionsgate
Posted July 6 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- WATCH: 'Arrow' EP teases a return to season 1-type villainy
- Revenant bear mauls Comic-Con: Adam Savage’s best costume yet?
- 'King Arthur' trailer shows new look at Charlie Hunnam's medieval hero
- Bill Cosby and Stewie remake 'Princess Bride' in 'Family Guy' trailer
- 'American Gods': First look at Gillian Anderson as Marilyn Monroe
- WATCH: 'Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Clark Gregg says Chloe 'swiped death'
- 'Family Guy' taps Kyle Chandler, Rob Gronkowski, David Tennant