Newsflash: Girls can be geeks, too! Clare Grant aka Team Unicorn, and Bonnie Burton, author of The Star Wars Craft Book, took me to the Comic-Con floor to help find the glittery girl things amidst the sea of shoot-em-ups, superheros, and wizards. First stop: My Little Pony, where we met some serious Bronies (whom we now have a crush on), then it was on to find geek shirts for girls from HerUniverse, and a real hover board, just like Marty McFly’s from Back to the Future II. Check out the video below for more fun stuff that girls geek out over at Comic-Con, plus catch rock legend-turned video bomber Gene Simmons join the tour.
Posted July 14 2012 — 8:02 PM EDT
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars': Three queens spill the tea on season 2 twist
- 'Mr. Robot': When a big twist isn't really a twist at all
- 'The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo': Top 10 Kindle highlights
- 'American Gods': First look at Kristin Chenoweth as Easter
- Stars rally behind Leslie Jones after website hack
- Bob Odenkirk to write book on life, 'Better Call Saul,' 'Breaking Bad'
- Bella Thorne to produce Lifetime vampire flick
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...