Newsflash: Girls can be geeks, too! Clare Grant aka Team Unicorn, and Bonnie Burton, author of The Star Wars Craft Book, took me to the Comic-Con floor to help find the glittery girl things amidst the sea of shoot-em-ups, superheros, and wizards. First stop: My Little Pony, where we met some serious Bronies (whom we now have a crush on), then it was on to find geek shirts for girls from HerUniverse, and a real hover board, just like Marty McFly’s from Back to the Future II. Check out the video below for more fun stuff that girls geek out over at Comic-Con, plus catch rock legend-turned video bomber Gene Simmons join the tour.
Posted July 14 2012 — 8:02 PM EDT
- Disney eyes live-action 'Prince Charming'
- Ezra Koenig of Vampire Weekend lands own Beats 1 Radio show
- 'Sesame Street': Sonia 'Maria' Manzano's 7 favorites
- 'Hannibal': No go at Netflix, Amazon
- Caitlyn Jenner gives empowering talk in new 'I Am Cait' trailer
- Michael Eisner clarifies comment that beautiful, funny women are 'impossible to find'
- Sluggish Fourth of July box office no picnic for Hollywood
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Kendall Jenner, Liv Tyler, Jessie J & More!