The Los Angeles prosecutor announced Friday that comedic actor Fred Willard—who was arrested Wednesday night on suspicion of a lewd public act in an adult theater—will not face jail time. It was also revealed that Willard had been arrested previously on a lewd conduct charge in 1990, The Los Angeles Times reports, although no details of the earlier arrest were released. Instead of facing a criminal filing, the Best in Show actor will be able to enroll in a “pre-filing diversion program.”
Posted July 21 2012 — 11:55 AM EDT
- What's Playing on Broadway and Beyond
- Kelly Clarkson announces 'Piece by Piece' summer tour
- Hear Ariana Grande on Cashmere Cat's breathy 'Adore'
- Jon Stewart gives Seth Rollins the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt--on WWE Raw
- First look: Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Edward Snowden
- Watch the first gameplay trailer for Harmonix's 'Amplitude'
- Kelly Clarkson + Jimmy Fallon in 11-duet medley