The Los Angeles prosecutor announced Friday that comedic actor Fred Willard—who was arrested Wednesday night on suspicion of a lewd public act in an adult theater—will not face jail time. It was also revealed that Willard had been arrested previously on a lewd conduct charge in 1990, The Los Angeles Times reports, although no details of the earlier arrest were released. Instead of facing a criminal filing, the Best in Show actor will be able to enroll in a “pre-filing diversion program.”
Posted July 21 2012 — 11:55 AM EDT
- Rick Rubin is producing a 'Star Wars'-inspired album
- Zayn Malik's 'Pillowtalk' debuts at No. 1
- 'Gotham' exclusive: See first footage of Mr. Freeze, Hugo Strange in action
- Michael Fassbender compares 'Assassin's Creed' to 'The Matrix'
- 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine: Meet Jake's first partner, played by Damon Wayans Jr.
- Taye Diggs to guest-star on 300th episode of 'NCIS'
- Arielle Kebbel signs on for 'Fifty Shades Freed'