It’s been less than three weeks since Katie Holmes inked her divorce settlement with Tom Cruise, but the actress is already ramping up her next career moves. Last week, the 33-year-old signed on to star this fall in Dead Accounts, a new Broadway play from Smash creator Theresa Rebeck about a sister dealing with the return of her estranged brother. It will mark Holmes’ second stint on the Great White Way following a well-received turn in the 2008 revival of Arthur Miller’s All My Sons (costarring John Lithgow and Patrick Wilson). Before hitting the stage, the actress, who recently wrapped a film version of Anton Chekhov’s The Seagull, is working on a film called Molly, which she’s co-writing, co-producing, and starring in as a single mother. Additionally, she and stylist Jeanne Yang cofounded a clothing line, Holmes & Yang, which will do its first-ever New York Fashion Week presentation in September. In the meantime, Holmes fans can expect her to continue starring in paparazzi shots of her shopping trips to Whole Foods.
Posted July 27 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Country singer Granger Smith hospitalized after on stage fall
- New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' trailer has lots of Baby Groot
- Netflix announces 'Sense8' Christmas special, season 2 premiere dates
- 'The Last of Us Part II' reveal trailer shows matured Ellie and Joel
- Madonna jokes with Sean Penn about remarrying to raise money for charity
- 'Last Tango in Paris' director admits butter rape scene wasn't consensual
- 'Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite' will pit Iron Man against Megaman X in 2017
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big