A mild bounce back from the dinosaur doldrums of the last Ice Age movie. When the earth?s surface splits apart, Manny the family-guy mammoth (Ray Romano), Diego the saber-toothed tiger grouch (Denis Leary), and Sid the infantile sloth (John Leguizamo) get stranded on an ice floe in Ice Age: Continental Drift. They?re trying to get back home — a dreary plot, but the film keeps throwing things at you, like a colorful ape pirate (Peter Dinklage) and a fun hallucination sequence. That said, the laughs are starting to feel prehistoric. B
PREHISTORIC LAUGHS Ice Age's predictable plot is slightly improved by a cast of new characters (Blue Sky Studios)
Genre: Animation; Starring: Queen Latifah, Denis Leary, John Leguizamo, Ray Romano, Chris Wedge; Director: Steve Martino; Release Date Wide: 07/06/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 94; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted July 29 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Rashida Jones: Drake's 'Hotline Bling' dance is basically the Carlton
- Eddie Redmayne on trying to find some of 'The Danish Girl' in himself
- Rashida Jones & Jimmy Fallon perform epic holiday song parody medley
- 1D's Liam Payne announces third single from 'Made in the A.M.'
- New 'Luther' trailer asks: 'You scared of me?'
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show