A mild bounce back from the dinosaur doldrums of the last Ice Age movie. When the earth?s surface splits apart, Manny the family-guy mammoth (Ray Romano), Diego the saber-toothed tiger grouch (Denis Leary), and Sid the infantile sloth (John Leguizamo) get stranded on an ice floe in Ice Age: Continental Drift. They?re trying to get back home — a dreary plot, but the film keeps throwing things at you, like a colorful ape pirate (Peter Dinklage) and a fun hallucination sequence. That said, the laughs are starting to feel prehistoric. B
PREHISTORIC LAUGHS Ice Age's predictable plot is slightly improved by a cast of new characters (Blue Sky Studios)
Genre: Animation; Starring: Queen Latifah, Denis Leary, John Leguizamo, Ray Romano, Chris Wedge; Director: Steve Martino; Release Date Wide: 07/06/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 94; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted July 29 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Concussion' trailer: Will Smith wants the NFL to tell the truth
- 'Graceland' sneak peek: Has Mike uncovered Briggs' master plan?
- Miley Cyrus' wardrobe malfunction at VMAs unacceptable: PTC
- MTV's 'Scream' to pay tribute to Wes Craven
- Wes Craven's 5 most twistedly influential films
- A$AP Rocky brings 'L$D' to the VMAs
- Celebrity reactions to Kanye West's MTV VMAs speech
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!