A perfectly respectable Jim Carrey comedy that makes you feel as if you’re back in 1997, watching Liar Liar. Carrey plays Bruce Nolan, wacky feature reporter at a Buffalo TV news station, where he’s the punchline of every office joke. Convinced that God is against him, he is summoned by the deity himself (Morgan Freeman), who decides to teach him a lesson by investing the lowly, self-pitying earthling with the full range of His powers. Carrey rules his madcap dominion with as much skill as ever, but it’s hard to escape the feeling that we’re watching Officially Unhinged Jim Carrey Routines, without the anarchy or surprise they had in his earlier films.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Jim Carrey, Jennifer Aniston, Catherine Bell, Nora Dunn, Morgan Freeman, Philip Baker Hall; Director: Tom Shadyac; Author: Steven Koren, Mark O'Keefe; Release Date Wide: 05/23/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 94; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Universal
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- 'Furious 7' is now bigger than 'Frozen'
- 'Goodfellas' reunion: 8 "funny" stories from the cast Q&A
- Jack White's final acoustic show will stream live on Tidal
- 'Key & Obama': Luther, the anger translator, appears at White House dinner
- Cecily Strong's best White House Correspondents' Dinner jokes
- 'Orphan Black' creators on that 'twisted' clone threeway
- Monty Python's riotous NYC reunion: 12 craziest moments