A perfectly respectable Jim Carrey comedy that makes you feel as if you’re back in 1997, watching Liar Liar. Carrey plays Bruce Nolan, wacky feature reporter at a Buffalo TV news station, where he’s the punchline of every office joke. Convinced that God is against him, he is summoned by the deity himself (Morgan Freeman), who decides to teach him a lesson by investing the lowly, self-pitying earthling with the full range of His powers. Carrey rules his madcap dominion with as much skill as ever, but it’s hard to escape the feeling that we’re watching Officially Unhinged Jim Carrey Routines, without the anarchy or surprise they had in his earlier films.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Jim Carrey, Jennifer Aniston, Catherine Bell, Nora Dunn, Morgan Freeman, Philip Baker Hall; Director: Tom Shadyac; Author: Steven Koren, Mark O'Keefe; Release Date Wide: 05/23/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 94; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Universal
Posted July 31 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ridley Scott reveals how 'Alien: Covenant' will connect to 'Alien'
- J.K. Rowling explains why Harry Potter named his son after Snape
- 'OUAT' star Colin O'Donoghue breaks down Hook's dark turn
- Wayne Coyne looks back on 'Clouds Taste Metallic' 20 years later
- Fabolous' new concept mixtape is out now
- See Coldplay become CGI apes for 'Adventure of a Lifetime' video
- See Big Sean play during halftime of the Detroit Lions' Thanksgiving game