A perfectly respectable Jim Carrey comedy that makes you feel as if you’re back in 1997, watching Liar Liar. Carrey plays Bruce Nolan, wacky feature reporter at a Buffalo TV news station, where he’s the punchline of every office joke. Convinced that God is against him, he is summoned by the deity himself (Morgan Freeman), who decides to teach him a lesson by investing the lowly, self-pitying earthling with the full range of His powers. Carrey rules his madcap dominion with as much skill as ever, but it’s hard to escape the feeling that we’re watching Officially Unhinged Jim Carrey Routines, without the anarchy or surprise they had in his earlier films.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Jim Carrey, Jennifer Aniston, Catherine Bell, Nora Dunn, Morgan Freeman, Philip Baker Hall; Director: Tom Shadyac; Author: Steven Koren, Mark O'Keefe; Release Date Wide: 05/23/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 94; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Universal
Posted July 31 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Does Lincoln have a death wish?
- 'The Craft' remake is actually a sequel, producer says
- Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani will perform new duet on 'The Voice'
- Kendrick Lamar performs with Prince at Paisley Park in unearthed video
- Channing Tatum reveals dream costars in interview with nonverbal fan
- Arnold Schwarzenegger to star in Taran Killam-directed action comedy
- P!nk compares herself to Mad Hatter in 'Alice Through the Looking Glass'
- Met Gala 2016: The Best and Most Outrageous Looks
- Flashback to the 1996 Premiere of 'The Craft'
- 14 TV Cliffhangers and How They Were Resolved
- Met Gala 2016: See All the Arrivals From Manus x Machina
- 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt': Before They Were Stars
- 'Wayward Pines' Season 2: Exclusive Photos of the New Main Cast