A perfectly respectable Jim Carrey comedy that makes you feel as if you’re back in 1997, watching Liar Liar. Carrey plays Bruce Nolan, wacky feature reporter at a Buffalo TV news station, where he’s the punchline of every office joke. Convinced that God is against him, he is summoned by the deity himself (Morgan Freeman), who decides to teach him a lesson by investing the lowly, self-pitying earthling with the full range of His powers. Carrey rules his madcap dominion with as much skill as ever, but it’s hard to escape the feeling that we’re watching Officially Unhinged Jim Carrey Routines, without the anarchy or surprise they had in his earlier films.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Jim Carrey, Jennifer Aniston, Catherine Bell, Nora Dunn, Morgan Freeman, Philip Baker Hall; Director: Tom Shadyac; Author: Steven Koren, Mark O'Keefe; Release Date Wide: 05/23/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 94; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Universal
Posted July 31 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Supergirl' scores full season at CBS
- Shopping for a 1920s Parisian bedroom like the one in 'The Danish Girl'? Check eBay.
- 'Supergirl': Mehcad Brooks talks stepping out of a superhero's shadow
- Twisted Sister's Dee Snider gives Donald Trump permission to use 'We're Not Gonna Take It'
- Jeremy Clarkson introduces us to a world filled with Amazon drones
- 'Top Gear' sets May return date
- Kylie Jenner: Caitlyn is the ‘exact same person’ as before