Christian Slater plays a retired FBI agent in Assassin’s Bullet who happens to be hanging around Sofia, Bulgaria, when he’s asked (by Donald Sutherland, as the U.S. ambassador) to unmask the vigilante who’s offing high-priority terrorists. The cockeyed C-quality B movie, shot on location with a Balkan supporting cast and crew, mixes a precarious pileup of visual clichés with over-staged action sequences. It also mixes the efforts of a faded American movie star with those of actress Elika Portnoy, who does a weird, wooden interpretation of multiple femme roles. (Also available on VOD) C
'BULLET' AND A TARGET Christian Slater plays a retired FBI agent who is forced back in the game (Elena Nenkova)
Starring: Christian Slater; Director: Isaac Florentine; Runtime (in minutes): 91; MPAA Rating: R
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie Mercury
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- What we're reading now: Hammer Head by Nina MacLaughlin
- Trevor Noah eyed as 'Daily Show' host?
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Kate Mara, Sienna Miller & More!