All that Jim and Cindy Green (Joel Edgerton and Jennifer Garner) want is a child. But after countless failed fertility treatments, they bury a box in their backyard as a way of saying goodbye to their parental dreams. But the very next morning, a kind 10-year-old named Timothy Green (Dan in Real Life’s CJ Adams) seems to have grown right out of the grass. Garner was charmed by her young costar’s boyish innocence. ”CJ would be running around kicking a soccer ball with Joel one minute,” she says, ”and the next minute be on his stomach looking for a four-leaf clover.” As if the pint-size headliner weren’t lucky enough.
FAMILY FUN Jennifer Garner and CJ Adams bond in The Odd Life of Timothy Green (Phil Bray)
Posted August 10 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- Look, but don't retouch? What our female celeb photo fascination says about us
- Chris Rock and Tracy Morgan exchange comic haymakers in 'Top Five' outtakes
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!