Most teens think their parents are nuts, but Bee has hard proof: emails, faxes, and FBI documents forming a disturbing portrait of her brilliant mother, Bernadette Fox. Once a revered architect, Bernadette has become such a neurotic mess that she outsources her simplest errands to a virtual assistant in India. When Bernadette suddenly disappears, Bee follows her mother’s unusual paper trail to track her down. Semple, who wrote for TV’s Arrested Development, has imagined a comic, often frustrating, but ultimately engrossing and whip-smart modern epistolary novel in Where’d You Go, Bernadette. B+
MAMA DRAMA This quirky book follows a daughter on the hunt for her brilliant, yet nutty mother
Genre: Fiction; Author: Maria Semple; Publisher: Little, Brown and Company
Posted August 10 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Comic-Con 2016: 'Family Guy' panel talks possible movie, 'Star Wars'
- 'Fantastic Beasts': Eddie Redmayne leads Comic-Con in casting spell
- WATCH: 'Timeless' stars deal with time travel physics
- WATCH: Grant Gustin shares pro-tips with Kid Flash Keiynan Lonsdale
- WATCH: 'Arrow' EP teases a return to season 1-type villainy
- ‘The Revenant’ bear storms Comic-Con: Adam Savage’s best costume yet?
- 'King Arthur' trailer shows new look at Charlie Hunnam's medieval hero