Most teens think their parents are nuts, but Bee has hard proof: emails, faxes, and FBI documents forming a disturbing portrait of her brilliant mother, Bernadette Fox. Once a revered architect, Bernadette has become such a neurotic mess that she outsources her simplest errands to a virtual assistant in India. When Bernadette suddenly disappears, Bee follows her mother’s unusual paper trail to track her down. Semple, who wrote for TV’s Arrested Development, has imagined a comic, often frustrating, but ultimately engrossing and whip-smart modern epistolary novel in Where’d You Go, Bernadette. B+
MAMA DRAMA This quirky book follows a daughter on the hunt for her brilliant, yet nutty mother
Genre: Fiction; Author: Maria Semple; Publisher: Little, Brown and Company
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- Jon Stewart explains why he quit 'The Daily Show'
- Jason Sudeikis looks back at 'SNL' and ahead towards 'Fletch'
- 'Outlander' boss Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- Tatiana Maslany on 'Orphan Black' return, and 'totally changing up what people were going to expect'
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!