Most teens think their parents are nuts, but Bee has hard proof: emails, faxes, and FBI documents forming a disturbing portrait of her brilliant mother, Bernadette Fox. Once a revered architect, Bernadette has become such a neurotic mess that she outsources her simplest errands to a virtual assistant in India. When Bernadette suddenly disappears, Bee follows her mother’s unusual paper trail to track her down. Semple, who wrote for TV’s Arrested Development, has imagined a comic, often frustrating, but ultimately engrossing and whip-smart modern epistolary novel in Where’d You Go, Bernadette. B+
MAMA DRAMA This quirky book follows a daughter on the hunt for her brilliant, yet nutty mother
Genre: Fiction; Author: Maria Semple; Publisher: Little, Brown and Company
Posted August 10 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Furious 7' screenwriter gives update on 'Legend of Conan'
- Jenny Lewis makes Vanessa Bayer cry on 'Sound Advice'
- Listen to an exclusive clip from Paolo Bacigalupi's 'The Water Knife'
- Broadway’s 'King Charles III' casts Prince William, Harry, Kate
- 'Walking Dead' actor would love to play Spider-Man
- Hulk Hogan talks possible villain role in 'Expendables 4'
- Charter/Time Warner deal will affect 1 in 6 households
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- George & Amal, Prince Harry, Ansel Elgort & More!