Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney announced this morning that Paul Ryan, a seven-term Wisconsin Representative, will be his vice presidential running mate. Relatively young at 42, Ryan has become a favorite on the right in his status as chairman of the House Budget committee – especially after the publication of his tax-cutting, Medicare-privatizing budget plan. Ryan and Romney have termed themselves “America’s Comeback Team.” Intriguingly, the last line of Ryan’s bio on the campaign website indicates that the congressman is “a member is of his local archery association, the Janesville Bowmen” – proving once and for all that this really is the year of the bow and arrow. (See also: Hunger Games, Brave, Hawkeye in The Avengers, Arrow…)
Posted August 11 2012 — 9:30 AM EDT
- Matt Damon on Jimmy Kimmel feud: 'I don't see anything funny about it'
- Nyle DiMarco reads to Deaf kids in 'adorable' video
- Seth Meyers thinks Donald Trump is secretly broke
- Fox renews John Cena's 'American Grit' for season 2
- Maya Rudolph to guest-star on 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'
- 'Pokémon' theme singer Jason Paige performs song in studio recording