Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney announced this morning that Paul Ryan, a seven-term Wisconsin Representative, will be his vice presidential running mate. Relatively young at 42, Ryan has become a favorite on the right in his status as chairman of the House Budget committee – especially after the publication of his tax-cutting, Medicare-privatizing budget plan. Ryan and Romney have termed themselves “America’s Comeback Team.” Intriguingly, the last line of Ryan’s bio on the campaign website indicates that the congressman is “a member is of his local archery association, the Janesville Bowmen” – proving once and for all that this really is the year of the bow and arrow. (See also: Hunger Games, Brave, Hawkeye in The Avengers, Arrow…)
Posted August 11 2012 — 9:30 AM EDT
- Marvel's Jessica Jones is 'incredibly flawed'
- Want to buy Jesse's 'Breaking Bad' house?
- 'Outlander' exclusive: King Louis XV cast for season 2
- Matthew Broderick joins Broadway's dog play, Sylvia
- Hunter S. Thompson talks outlaws and Hell's Angels in new 'Blank on Blank' clip
- Get a first look at NBC’s new thriller 'Blindspot'
- Little Mix give Whitney Houston and Jason Derulo an awesome gospel-style mash up
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!