Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney announced this morning that Paul Ryan, a seven-term Wisconsin Representative, will be his vice presidential running mate. Relatively young at 42, Ryan has become a favorite on the right in his status as chairman of the House Budget committee – especially after the publication of his tax-cutting, Medicare-privatizing budget plan. Ryan and Romney have termed themselves “America’s Comeback Team.” Intriguingly, the last line of Ryan’s bio on the campaign website indicates that the congressman is “a member is of his local archery association, the Janesville Bowmen” – proving once and for all that this really is the year of the bow and arrow. (See also: Hunger Games, Brave, Hawkeye in The Avengers, Arrow…)
Posted August 11 2012 — 9:30 AM EDT
- Listen to Carmelo Anthony and Jesse Eisenberg read from 'Bream Gives Me Hiccups' -- exclusive
- Shadowman returns to the Valiant Universe in 'Operation: Deadside'
- Nina Dobrev, Matt McGorry, and more advocate for sexual consent in 'It's On Us' campaign
- 'Survivor' players reveal whom they want out of the game first
- Demi Lovato pays tribute to late father on anticipated fall album—exclusive details
- See the 'Halo 5' opening cinematic (with Nathan Fillion and Mike Colter)
- Eddie Redmayne becomes 'The Danish Girl' in film's first trailer
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Kendall Jenner, Jamie Dornan, Katie Holmes & More!