Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney announced this morning that Paul Ryan, a seven-term Wisconsin Representative, will be his vice presidential running mate. Relatively young at 42, Ryan has become a favorite on the right in his status as chairman of the House Budget committee – especially after the publication of his tax-cutting, Medicare-privatizing budget plan. Ryan and Romney have termed themselves “America’s Comeback Team.” Intriguingly, the last line of Ryan’s bio on the campaign website indicates that the congressman is “a member is of his local archery association, the Janesville Bowmen” – proving once and for all that this really is the year of the bow and arrow. (See also: Hunger Games, Brave, Hawkeye in The Avengers, Arrow…)
Posted January 18 2015 — 5:51 AM EST
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Michelle Obama to appear on 'The Tonight Show'
- Listen to EW's Sirius XM spotlight on the women of comedy, featuring Kristen Schaal
- De La Soul to fund new album via Kickstarter
- 'Flash'-'Arrow' spinoff finds its Hawkgirl: Broadway star Ciara Renee
- Wilco protests Indiana law, nixes concert
- Oxygen, Esquire Network partner on companion series 'Living With Funny,' 'Comedians of L.A.'
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!