Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney announced this morning that Paul Ryan, a seven-term Wisconsin Representative, will be his vice presidential running mate. Relatively young at 42, Ryan has become a favorite on the right in his status as chairman of the House Budget committee – especially after the publication of his tax-cutting, Medicare-privatizing budget plan. Ryan and Romney have termed themselves “America’s Comeback Team.” Intriguingly, the last line of Ryan’s bio on the campaign website indicates that the congressman is “a member is of his local archery association, the Janesville Bowmen” – proving once and for all that this really is the year of the bow and arrow. (See also: Hunger Games, Brave, Hawkeye in The Avengers, Arrow…)
Posted August 11 2012 — 9:30 AM EDT
- 'Hamilton' announces curtain call for live #Ham4Ham shows
- Read an excerpt from new YA thriller 'The Ones' -- exclusive
- David Milch read Kim Dickens 'amazing' new 'Deadwood' scenes
- 'The Simpsons': Jason Alexander to guest in Trump-tweaking episode
- Laurie Hernandez's dad used to joke about her competing on 'DWTS'
- Stephen Colbert does his best Beyoncé in ridiculous VMAs parody
- 'Pretty Little Liars' poll: Who will die in the summer finale?