Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney announced this morning that Paul Ryan, a seven-term Wisconsin Representative, will be his vice presidential running mate. Relatively young at 42, Ryan has become a favorite on the right in his status as chairman of the House Budget committee – especially after the publication of his tax-cutting, Medicare-privatizing budget plan. Ryan and Romney have termed themselves “America’s Comeback Team.” Intriguingly, the last line of Ryan’s bio on the campaign website indicates that the congressman is “a member is of his local archery association, the Janesville Bowmen” – proving once and for all that this really is the year of the bow and arrow. (See also: Hunger Games, Brave, Hawkeye in The Avengers, Arrow…)
Posted August 11 2012 — 9:30 AM EDT
- What's the word on the return of 'The X-Files'?
- 'Teen Wolf' cast teases new big bad at New York Comic Con
- What we learned from the 'Shadowhunters' panel at Comic-Con
- Vin Diesel shares the tragic reason why he takes stunts so seriously
- Bryan Cranston wants to play a ‘nasty’ Marvel villain
- Rashida Jones would totally duet with Adam Levine on 'The Voice'
- Jennifer Morrison talks 'Once Upon a Time' at New York Comic-Con