Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney announced this morning that Paul Ryan, a seven-term Wisconsin Representative, will be his vice presidential running mate. Relatively young at 42, Ryan has become a favorite on the right in his status as chairman of the House Budget committee – especially after the publication of his tax-cutting, Medicare-privatizing budget plan. Ryan and Romney have termed themselves “America’s Comeback Team.” Intriguingly, the last line of Ryan’s bio on the campaign website indicates that the congressman is “a member is of his local archery association, the Janesville Bowmen” – proving once and for all that this really is the year of the bow and arrow. (See also: Hunger Games, Brave, Hawkeye in The Avengers, Arrow…)
Posted August 11 2012 — 9:30 AM EDT
- Edward Burns ventures into 1967 New York in 'Public Morals' trailer
- Dustin Hoffman rips the current state of movies: 'It's the worst that film has ever been'
- Stephen Colbert will be on next 'Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee'
- The Good Wife scoop: Jeffrey Dean Morgan cast as new series regular
- Sarah Jessica Parker on whether she considers herself a feminist
- Archie Comics: Inside Riverdale gang's big makeover
- Caitlyn Jenner writes about the beginning of her journey in touching blog post
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Kendall Jenner, Liv Tyler, Jessie J & More!