The peculiar promotional campaign for Paul Thomas Anderson’s The Master took another freaky-cool step today with the release of yet another entrancingly weird clip from the film. Doubling as a promotion for a special charity screening of the film tonight at Chicago’s Music Box Theatre, the clip raises the curtain just a bit more on the methods of Philip Seymour Hoffman’s Lancaster Dodd. His faith-based group seizes the attention of Joaquin Phoenix’s Freddie Sutton, a WWII vet and lost soul who somehow seems both sweet and deeply creepy when talking with Dodd about the woman he’s most sweet on. Check it out below:
Posted August 16 2012 — 4:35 PM EDT
- Kelly Osbourne says she 'f---ed up' after comments about Latinos go viral
- See Ilana Glazer shake it like a Polaroid picture on 'Lip Sync Battle'
- Tavi Gevinson to guest-star on 'Scream Queens'
- A$AP Rocky and Tyler, the Creator are touring together
- The Weeknd’s new album includes tracks with Lana Del Rey and Ed Sheeran
- Caitlyn Jenner's reality show loses half its audience
- 'Fantastic Four' honest trailer has a problem with cloud-based villains