The Tonight Show with Jay Leno laid off 20 employees, following its first full week of post-Olympic shows. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Comcast (the company that owns NBC) has been evaluating the network’s assets. According to a source familiar with the situation, Leno, who reportedly makes $30 million annually, took a pay cut as well. It is still unclear which of the 150-200 staffers were cut or the specific reason.
Posted August 18 2012 — 1:01 PM EDT
- 'Harry Potter & the Cursed Child' script due out this summer
- Grammys 2016: Secret Ballot
- 'The Walking Dead' returns with 6 exclusive EW collector's covers
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: See 'Frozen' fan-favorite Olaf on 'Sofia the FIrst'
- Telltale Games' 'The Walking Dead: Michonne' sets release date
- See 'Walking Dead' actor Josh McDermitt in the first trailer for 'Life in Color'
- Amazon orders four seasons of 'Thunderbirds Are Go' with Rosamund Pike