The news of filmmaker Tony Scott’s sudden and unexpected death due to an apparent suicide sent shockwaves through Hollywood as the news broke on Sunday night. Over his 30-plus year career, Scott had amassed a tremendous number of collaborators, from his feature film work as a director (Top Gun, True Romance, Crimson Tide) and producer (The Grey, The A-Team), to his more recent efforts with his older brother Ridley as a TV producer (The Good Wife, Numb3rs). Many of Scott’s friends, colleagues, and fans throughout the world of entertainment took to Twitter to express their feelings and thoughts about Scott, and his passing. You can read them below:
Posted August 20 2012 — 3:09 AM EDT
- Rob Lowe parodies sex tape scandal with Roast ad
- Bill Nye 'Saves the World' in new Netflix talk show
- Grading the week's best (and worst) new singles
- 'AGT': Grace VanderWaal continues to shine with 'Light the Sky'
- Ed Sheeran and Snow Patrol make surprise wedding performance
- It's Black Panther vs. Black Widow in deleted scene from 'Civil War'
- 'Grey's Anatomy': Arizona's getting a new love interest!
- 11 of the Best 'Mister Rogers' Neighborhood' Guest Stars
- 'Easy': 12 Exclusive First Look Photos
- First Look: Jyn Erso Toys from 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story'
- Darth Vader, Voldemort, and 7 Other Pop Culture Comparisons to Donald Trump
- Celebrity Professors: See Stars Who Make the Grade
- 55 Books to Read This Fall