The news of filmmaker Tony Scott’s sudden and unexpected death due to an apparent suicide sent shockwaves through Hollywood as the news broke on Sunday night. Over his 30-plus year career, Scott had amassed a tremendous number of collaborators, from his feature film work as a director (Top Gun, True Romance, Crimson Tide) and producer (The Grey, The A-Team), to his more recent efforts with his older brother Ridley as a TV producer (The Good Wife, Numb3rs). Many of Scott’s friends, colleagues, and fans throughout the world of entertainment took to Twitter to express their feelings and thoughts about Scott, and his passing. You can read them below:
Posted January 18 2015 — 11:57 AM EST
- 'Saturday Night Live' best host poll: The Rock flexes his comedy muscles
- Smashing Pumpkins explore PTSD in "Drum + Fife" video
- 'Sherlock' co-creator: For the last time, Holmes is not gay
- Jamie Foxx makes controversial Bruce Jenner joke at iHeartRadio Music Awards
- Play a 'Super Mario 64' level online for free
- Death threats against BBC director investigated following Jeremy Clarkson firing
- Harrison Ford released from hospital following plane crash: Report
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Clare & Don and More!