The news of filmmaker Tony Scott’s sudden and unexpected death due to an apparent suicide sent shockwaves through Hollywood as the news broke on Sunday night. Over his 30-plus year career, Scott had amassed a tremendous number of collaborators, from his feature film work as a director (Top Gun, True Romance, Crimson Tide) and producer (The Grey, The A-Team), to his more recent efforts with his older brother Ridley as a TV producer (The Good Wife, Numb3rs). Many of Scott’s friends, colleagues, and fans throughout the world of entertainment took to Twitter to express their feelings and thoughts about Scott, and his passing. You can read them below:
Posted August 20 2012 — 3:09 AM EDT
- James Corden's parents cover WWE Monday Night Raw
- Shonda Rhimes on 'Scandal': 'I never said this was the final season'
- Morrissey reveals world tour dates
- Billy Ray Cyrus comedy 'Still the King' renewed by CMT
- Cartoon Hillary Clinton pokes fun of DNC drama with Stephen Colbert
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’: Ellen Pompeo's choice to stay ‘based solely on age'
- Jimmy Kimmel's Baby Bachelorette contestants tell all
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels
- 'Friends': See the Cast's Evolution Over 10 Years