The Expendables 2 isn’t exactly the sort of movie that gets critics rallying to its defense. It’s neo-’80s schlock featuring a team of action stars who, at this point, can barely even move. Yet the film has a couple of defenders this week: Lisa and I both enjoyed the honest cheesiness with which it returns you to the era before action films – even bad ones – came layered with a certain post-9/11 gravitas. The Expendables 2 may be trash, but it has the courage of its own irresponsibility, along with a cast we still like a lot (in part because they are so old). You can see us chat about it below in the latest installment of “Movie Talk with Owen and Lisa.”
Posted August 24 2012 — 3:59 PM EDT
- New 'Star Wars' toys revealed in 'Rogue One' stop-motion video
- 'Waco' miniseries starring Taylor Kitsch, Michael Shannon in the works
- Lauren Conrad has a girl crush on 'Game of Thrones' star Emilia Clarke
- Kerry Washington developing female police drama at ABC
- Garth Brooks to singing Ashton Kutcher: 'Don’t quit your day job'
- 'Dead of Summer': Who survived the deadly summer?
- Nick Viall named the next Bachelor