The Expendables 2 isn’t exactly the sort of movie that gets critics rallying to its defense. It’s neo-’80s schlock featuring a team of action stars who, at this point, can barely even move. Yet the film has a couple of defenders this week: Lisa and I both enjoyed the honest cheesiness with which it returns you to the era before action films – even bad ones – came layered with a certain post-9/11 gravitas. The Expendables 2 may be trash, but it has the courage of its own irresponsibility, along with a cast we still like a lot (in part because they are so old). You can see us chat about it below in the latest installment of “Movie Talk with Owen and Lisa.”
Posted August 24 2012 — 3:59 PM EDT
- NBC announces casting call for Dorothy in 'The Wiz Live!'
- Here's who Andy Serkis will play in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens'...
- 'Point Break' is hosting a Battle of the Bands for an 'extreme' soundtrack anthem
- 'Urban Cowboy' remake in the works at FOX
- Aunt Becky is back for 'Fuller House'
- Who wants to have a sleepover in Conan O'Brien's studio?
- Amy Schumer shuts down rumors of a 'Bachelorette' meeting