The three discs and one DVD of live, remixed, and remastered material here are a potent reminder of just how much Bad’s pulsing pop holds up. But the real treasures are the six previously unreleased tracks: Noticeably unfinished (refreshingly so, given Bad 25’s hermetic polish) numbers like rhythmic earworm ”Don’t Be Messin’ Around” and tender ”I’m So Blue” shine, while ”Al Capone,” an early sketch for ”Smooth Criminal,” is strong enough to stand alone as its own single. A
STILL 'BAD' The CD/DVD collection offers remastered material from Bad as well as a set of unfinished tracks (Ebet Roberts/Redferns/Getty Images)
Genre: Pop; Lead Performer: Michael Jackson
Posted September 7 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Chris Pine reportedly signed for 'Wonder Woman'
- 'Orange Is the New Black': What happened to Nicky Nichols?
- Lee Daniels goes behind the scenes of 'American Crime Story'
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall talks controversial elimination
- 'Doctor Who' is headed to theaters in September
- Aziz Ansari's Netflix comedy snags Claire Danes and more
- Harris Wittels' cause of death confirmed to be accidental overdose
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!