The three discs and one DVD of live, remixed, and remastered material here are a potent reminder of just how much Bad’s pulsing pop holds up. But the real treasures are the six previously unreleased tracks: Noticeably unfinished (refreshingly so, given Bad 25’s hermetic polish) numbers like rhythmic earworm ”Don’t Be Messin’ Around” and tender ”I’m So Blue” shine, while ”Al Capone,” an early sketch for ”Smooth Criminal,” is strong enough to stand alone as its own single. A
STILL 'BAD' The CD/DVD collection offers remastered material from Bad as well as a set of unfinished tracks (Ebet Roberts/Redferns/Getty Images)
Genre: Pop; Lead Performer: Michael Jackson
Posted September 7 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bob Saget joins 'Fuller House,' says John Stamos in a tweet
- 'Wayward Pines' boss Chad Hodge talks episode 3: The Terrence Howard hymnal you didn't hear
- National Spelling Bee announces two champions
- '19 Kids & Counting' nix: Hulu exec says...
- Mariah Carey: 'Idol' was 'worst experience of my life'
- Kristen Bell live tweets her mistaken UberPool ride
- Casting Net: B.J. Novak joins Michael Keaton's 'The Founder,' Will Forte boards Key & Peele comedy