The three discs and one DVD of live, remixed, and remastered material here are a potent reminder of just how much Bad’s pulsing pop holds up. But the real treasures are the six previously unreleased tracks: Noticeably unfinished (refreshingly so, given Bad 25’s hermetic polish) numbers like rhythmic earworm ”Don’t Be Messin’ Around” and tender ”I’m So Blue” shine, while ”Al Capone,” an early sketch for ”Smooth Criminal,” is strong enough to stand alone as its own single. A
STILL 'BAD' The CD/DVD collection offers remastered material from Bad as well as a set of unfinished tracks (Ebet Roberts/Redferns/Getty Images)
Genre: Pop; Lead Performer: Michael Jackson
Posted September 7 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kate Hudson gets patriotic, belts out the national anthem on Instagram
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer: 'Scream Queens' will be just 'as brutal' as 'American Horror Story'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- Dave Grohl's game of throne in D.C.
- Kit Harington: Buzz about his long hair
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!