The accumulated images in this wordless documentary, shot in 25 countries around the world in awesome 70mm, are literally hypnotic. That’s the goal of filmmakers Ron Fricke and Mark Magidson, who previously made wordless eye candy in 1992 with Baraka. It’s debatable, though, whether New Age mesmerization means as much in our own new age of computer-screen wallpaper. Samsara stares at Asian temples, African tribesmen, and chickens bound for slaughter with the same blank eye. B-
Genre: Documentary; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): In Season; MPAA Rating: In Season; Distributor: Oscilloscope Pictures
Posted September 7 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters