He’s never been mistaken for Enrico Caruso, but on his death-haunted latest, Tempest, the 71-year-old is in especially fine rattle, wringing every wrecked nuance out of his almost unbearably expressive voice. He applies that battered instrument to 10 remarkable new songs, tackling topics like the Titanic disaster (the epic title track) and the assassination of John Lennon (the deeply felt ”Roll On John”). Thirty-five albums in, Dylan remains as magical and mysterious as ever. A
CAN'T STOP, WON'T STOP Dylan continues to outdo himself with moving lyrics and expressive vocals (David Gahr)
Genre: Rock; Lead Performer: Bob Dylan
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- 'Walking Dead' star Tovah Feldshuh on Rick-Deanna showdown
- '12 Monkeys' exec producer: THAT Ramse arc 'planned from the first minute'
- Prince sued in recording battle over 'Voice' singer Judith Hill
- James Bond enters a 'hurricane' in first 'Spectre' teaser
- 'Legend of Zelda' for Wii U delayed
- Kit Harington fights terrorism in 'Spooks: The Greater Good' trailer
- Billie Joe Armstrong musical 'These Paper Bullets!' coming to LA, NYC
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Jimmy Fallon, Liv Tyler, Emilia Clarke & More!