We still may not be able to tell you exactly how to get to Sesame Street, but the neighborhood’s beloved denizens know their way to the EW offices. Last year, Elmo and Cookie Monster dropped in to give us their versions of some popular TV shows, but this time around Elmo was too busy working on Elmo: The Musical—the show’s new singing-and-dancing segment that will replace the popular Elmo’s World—to make another visit. Luckily for us, Grover and Cookie Monster (a.k.a. the Blue Brothers) had enough wiggle room in their schedules to stop by to sing a few musical numbers of their own, parodying the likes of The Avengers, The Hunger Games, Doctor Who, and even The Newsroom. So if you were one of the many viewers who thought Aaron Sorkin’s biggest mistake was not saddling his newsman protagonist with a crippling cookie addiction, then this video is for you!
Posted January 18 2015 — 11:57 AM EST
- April Fools' Day 2015: The best pranks around the internet
- Watch Ethan Hawke, Jimmy Fallon channel their inner Bob Dylan to sing a few lullabies
- References in Sufjan Stevens' 'Carrie & Lowell,' explained
- Kevin James parodies 'Furious 7' as Paul Blart
- 'A Place To Call Home': 7 reasons to watch Australia's sexiest period soap
- Audi commercial features new 'Avengers: Age of Ultron,' 'Ant-Man' footage
- See the cover of James Dashner's 'The Game of Lives'
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!