The anteroom in question is that of the ER at a big public hospital in Oakland, where those with no medical insurance can receive treatment. But first they wait. And wait. Weaving expertly selected and edited stories of patients and staff into a representative fabric of urban health issues, this exemplary specimen of highly effective cinema vérité by Bay Area filmmaker Peter Nicks does best by sticking to its business: Nicks reports on what American public medicine looks like today. You decide if it’s working or not. A-
THE WAITING ROOM (Ken Light)
Genre: Documentary; Starring: Demia Bruce, Davelo Lujuan, Eric Morgan; Director: Peter Nicks; Release Date Limited: 09/14/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 81; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: International Film Circuit
Posted September 28 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Lin-Manuel Miranda live-tweeted commentary for 'Hamilton's America'
- J.K. Rowling loves Amy Schumer's book
- Chris Pratt encourages people to go outside and look for trolls
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'