The anteroom in question is that of the ER at a big public hospital in Oakland, where those with no medical insurance can receive treatment. But first they wait. And wait. Weaving expertly selected and edited stories of patients and staff into a representative fabric of urban health issues, this exemplary specimen of highly effective cinema vérité by Bay Area filmmaker Peter Nicks does best by sticking to its business: Nicks reports on what American public medicine looks like today. You decide if it’s working or not. A-
THE WAITING ROOM (Ken Light)
Genre: Documentary; Starring: Demia Bruce, Davelo Lujuan, Eric Morgan; Director: Peter Nicks; Release Date Limited: 09/14/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 81; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: International Film Circuit
Posted September 28 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agent Carter' takes on Tinseltown in season 2 teaser
- Idris Elba 'nearly died' filming 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Zach Galligan wants to return for 'Gremlins 3'
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'
- 'Gods of Egypt' director: 'Our casting choices should have been more diverse'
- Patti LaBelle spends Thanksgiving with pie fan James Wright
- Hear Sia's new single 'One Million Bullets'