Cinemax has renewed Strike Back, its action-thriller series about a covert counterterrorism unit, for a third season. The cable network ordered 10 new episodes of the show, which stars Philip Winchester and Sullivan Stapleton as elite special forces soldiers fighting global terrorists. In season, 2, which wraps up on Oct. 12, their Section 20 team is tracking a ruthless businessman who’s got his hands on some nukes. You’d think Winchester and Stapleton are sure things to return for season 3, but Cinemax didn’t announce who officially would be back in order not to spoil the upcoming finale. (Bum-BUMMMM!)
Posted October 3 2012 — 4:18 PM EDT
- 'Creed,' 'Empire,' 'Black-ish' win big at NAACP Image Awards
- Ethan Hawke to play resurrected assassin in '24 Hours to Live'
- CBS orders medical drama pilot 'Sensory' from Ridley Scott, David Zabel
- The Originals: Julie Plec blogs the return of Josh
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss goes behind the scenes on Paul Wesley-directed episode
- What if movies ended when someone spoke the title?
- Lady Gaga to be honored by Grammy Museum