Cinemax has renewed Strike Back, its action-thriller series about a covert counterterrorism unit, for a third season. The cable network ordered 10 new episodes of the show, which stars Philip Winchester and Sullivan Stapleton as elite special forces soldiers fighting global terrorists. In season, 2, which wraps up on Oct. 12, their Section 20 team is tracking a ruthless businessman who’s got his hands on some nukes. You’d think Winchester and Stapleton are sure things to return for season 3, but Cinemax didn’t announce who officially would be back in order not to spoil the upcoming finale. (Bum-BUMMMM!)
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:29 PM EST
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Star Wars': 5 revelations from Carrie Fisher at Celebration Q&A
- 'Batman v Superman' trailer is here; official release by Zack Snyder follows leak
- Never-before-seen passage from Madeleine L'Engle's 'A Wrinkle in Time' found
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Naomi Campbell, Jessica & Rosario, the Star Wars Cast & More