Cinemax has renewed Strike Back, its action-thriller series about a covert counterterrorism unit, for a third season. The cable network ordered 10 new episodes of the show, which stars Philip Winchester and Sullivan Stapleton as elite special forces soldiers fighting global terrorists. In season, 2, which wraps up on Oct. 12, their Section 20 team is tracking a ruthless businessman who’s got his hands on some nukes. You’d think Winchester and Stapleton are sure things to return for season 3, but Cinemax didn’t announce who officially would be back in order not to spoil the upcoming finale. (Bum-BUMMMM!)
Posted October 3 2012 — 4:18 PM EDT
- Disney eyes live-action 'Prince Charming'
- Ezra Koenig of Vampire Weekend lands own Beats 1 Radio show
- 'Sesame Street': Sonia 'Maria' Manzano's 7 favorites
- 'Hannibal': No go at Netflix, Amazon
- Caitlyn Jenner gives empowering talk in new 'I Am Cait' trailer
- Michael Eisner clarifies comment that beautiful, funny women are 'impossible to find'
- Sluggish Fourth of July box office no picnic for Hollywood
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Kendall Jenner, Liv Tyler, Jessie J & More!