Cinemax has renewed Strike Back, its action-thriller series about a covert counterterrorism unit, for a third season. The cable network ordered 10 new episodes of the show, which stars Philip Winchester and Sullivan Stapleton as elite special forces soldiers fighting global terrorists. In season, 2, which wraps up on Oct. 12, their Section 20 team is tracking a ruthless businessman who’s got his hands on some nukes. You’d think Winchester and Stapleton are sure things to return for season 3, but Cinemax didn’t announce who officially would be back in order not to spoil the upcoming finale. (Bum-BUMMMM!)
Posted October 3 2012 — 4:18 PM EDT
- WATCH: Danny McBride teases Neal's redemption on 'Vice Principals'
- Will Forte teases 'Last Man on Earth' season 3: 'New... Malibu... Death'
- Comic-Con 2016: 5 things to know from 'Riverdale' pilot
- WATCH: Sigourney Weaver thought she 'f---ed up' iconic 'Aliens' line
- WATCH: 'The Originals' cast discusses the 5-year time jump
- WATCH: 'Once Upon a Time' star: 'We're all facing our own baggage'
- WATCH: 'Lucifer' cast says Mom is 'hell-bent on revenge'