How often do national politics cross paths with children’s television? Not very. But the Internet immediately voted for Big Bird’s very survival last night when presidential candidate Mitt Romney said he would cut funding for public broadcasting, despite his love for Big Bird. Immediately twitter feeds went up either in Big Bird’s voice or in support of him. And then came the memes. Here are a few of the standouts:
(Andreas Rentz/Getty Images)
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:44 PM EST
- Bruce Jenner to Diane Sawyer: 'The female part of me is who I am'
- Casting Net: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau to star in thriller 'Shot Caller'
- Christian Bale knee injury delays production on Fox's 'The Deep Blue Good-by'
- Jared Leto as 'Suicide Squad' Joker: David Ayer tweets a photo
- Why Tidal's success (or failure) doesn't matter
- Celebrities express their support for Bruce Jenner