How often do national politics cross paths with children’s television? Not very. But the Internet immediately voted for Big Bird’s very survival last night when presidential candidate Mitt Romney said he would cut funding for public broadcasting, despite his love for Big Bird. Immediately twitter feeds went up either in Big Bird’s voice or in support of him. And then came the memes. Here are a few of the standouts:
(Andreas Rentz/Getty Images)
Posted October 4 2012 — 12:36 PM EDT
- 9 most scathing reviews of 'Aloha'
- Sarah Michelle Gellar & Selma Blair stage 'Cruel Intentions' kiss during impromptu reunion
- Bob Saget joins 'Fuller House,' says John Stamos in a tweet
- 'Wayward Pines' boss Chad Hodge talks episode 3: The Terrence Howard hymnal you didn't hear
- National Spelling Bee announces two champions
- '19 Kids & Counting' nix: Hulu exec says...
- Mariah Carey: 'Idol' was 'worst experience of my life'