Remember the end of The Avengers, when our heroes go their separate ways — except for Bruce Banner, who rides off in Tony Stark’s car? Fans hoped that might lead to a Hulk/Iron Man team-up in next May’s Iron Man 3, but it turns out we’re getting that adventure in animated form. The green guy and the metal man will be featured in Iron Man & Hulk: Heroes United, a hybrid of computer-generated and hand-drawn art that will be the first film from the new Marvel Animation Studios (out on DVD April 23). Adrian Pasdar (NBC’s Heroes) voices Iron Man and Fred Tatasciore (a veteran of previous Hulk cartoons) voices Banner as the duo battle the villain Zzzax, a creature formed out of pure energy who can absorb human minds. (Zzzax is voiced by Dee Bradley Baker, best known as Klaus the goldfish on American Dad.) While this isn’t a direct sequel to The Avengers, ”in tone and character, we want to follow our best leader,” says Jeph Loeb, executive VP of Marvel’s TV division. ”The challenge was to pick up the banter between the two of them. Certainly, Adrian Pasdar’s performance is inspired by what Robert Downey Jr. does, and Mark [Ruffalo] laid down such an incredible path for us to be able to follow.” There’s one change from the live-action movie: ”You’ll see in Heroes United that Hulk’s a little more articulate,” Loeb says. After road-tripping with Stark, how could he not become a bit more loquacious?
Posted October 5 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Fantastic Four' cast says they still haven't seen the film
- Candace Cameron Bure shares new 'Fuller House' photo
- 'Deadpool' red band trailer to officially debut Tuesday on 'Conan'
- Dave Grohl responds in Italian to 1,000 fans who covered ‘Learn to Fly’
- Someone cut together 280 movies for an epic 'Uptown Funk' cover
- Box office report: ‘Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation,’ 'Vacation'
- First teaser for 'Zoolander 2' asks one big existential question
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!