The guy who made the teddy-bear movie is hosting the Academy Awards, but don’t expect a lot of warm-and-fuzzies. If there’s one thing we’ve learned about Seth MacFarlane, from his talking-stuffed-animal movie Ted to his TV shows Family Guy and American Dad to his hosting of Saturday Night Live and Comedy Central’s Charlie Sheen roast, it’s that the guy has a twisted take on almost any occasion. On Feb. 24, it’ll just be a black-tie one. Producers Neil Meron and Craig Zadan have faith he’ll find the right balance between reverence and snark. ”He is witty, charming, he sings, and — even though he doesn’t think so — he can dance,” Meron tells EW. And while MacFarlane’s humor can skew a little strange, he’s willing to dial it down for the Oscars. ”I don’t know that we’re going for weird or bizarre…” says MacFarlane. ”Unless Lady Gaga dresses you!” Zadan chimes in. MacFarlane in a meat tuxedo? ”Then the ceremony and the dinner can all be rolled into one!” the host jokes. That will be the trick: finding a way to keep it both raw and well-done.
Posted October 5 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!