In a few years, film as we know it — film as physical object — will be more or less a thing of the past. The evolution to digital is a sea change, but how does it affect the movies we see? Side by Side, an intoxicating documentary by director Chris Kenneally and producer Keanu Reeves (who does searching onscreen interviews with filmmakers, editors, and cinematographers) is a meditation on the ways that art and technology flow into each other. It’s a lesson in character to hear directors from David Lynch (digital believer) to Christopher Nolan (celluloid diehard) spout off. (Also available on VOD) A
DIGITAL CINEMA Keanu Reeves in Side by Side (Chris Cassidy)
Genre: Documentary; Release Date Limited: 08/17/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 109
Posted October 5 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Simone Biles wants to meet Kim Kardashian at the VMAs
- Idris Elba teases 'big chance' for more 'Luther'
- Charles Osgood retiring as anchor of CBS’ 'Sunday Morning'
- 'Spider-Man' star Tom Holland sends Chris Hemsworth a stunt challenge
- Kate Mara says she'd return for a 'Fantastic Four' sequel
- Aaron Paul's wife sent him the sweetest birthday message
- 'iZombie' is getting a speakeasy 'for the discriminating zombie'