In a few years, film as we know it — film as physical object — will be more or less a thing of the past. The evolution to digital is a sea change, but how does it affect the movies we see? Side by Side, an intoxicating documentary by director Chris Kenneally and producer Keanu Reeves (who does searching onscreen interviews with filmmakers, editors, and cinematographers) is a meditation on the ways that art and technology flow into each other. It’s a lesson in character to hear directors from David Lynch (digital believer) to Christopher Nolan (celluloid diehard) spout off. (Also available on VOD) A
DIGITAL CINEMA Keanu Reeves in Side by Side (Chris Cassidy)
Genre: Documentary; Release Date Limited: 08/17/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 109
Posted October 5 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Barack Obama crashes Stephen Colbert's post-Super Bowl 'Late Show'
- Twitter finds unofficial Super Bowl mascot in diarrhea medication ad
- Schick channels 'Transformers' for Super Bowl 50 ad
- Taraji P. Henson confuses Coldplay with Maroon 5: 'Oooooooopppps. Lmao!'
- These are the best Super Bowl 50 halftime show GIFs
- Psylocke swoops in during 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Super Bowl teaser
- See all the movie trailers that aired during Super Bowl 50