In a few years, film as we know it — film as physical object — will be more or less a thing of the past. The evolution to digital is a sea change, but how does it affect the movies we see? Side by Side, an intoxicating documentary by director Chris Kenneally and producer Keanu Reeves (who does searching onscreen interviews with filmmakers, editors, and cinematographers) is a meditation on the ways that art and technology flow into each other. It’s a lesson in character to hear directors from David Lynch (digital believer) to Christopher Nolan (celluloid diehard) spout off. (Also available on VOD) A
DIGITAL CINEMA Keanu Reeves in Side by Side (Chris Cassidy)
Genre: Documentary; Release Date Limited: 08/17/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 109
Posted October 5 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Cara Delevingne and Dave Franco give James Corden new eyebrows
- Kanye West compares life to 'Meet the Parents' in new interview
- Cara Delevingne and Dave Franco Drop the Mic with James Corden
- The inhabitants of Alice’s Wonderland, ranked
- Beatlemania revisited in Ron Howard's new 'Eight Days a Week' trailer
- Dee Snider releases politically charged 'We're Not Gonna Take It' acoustic video
- Michael Che and Colin Jost hand out free Trump water at DNC
- 'John Tucker Must Die': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Captivating International Crime Thrillers
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?