Lee Child isn’t making it easy for Tom Cruise, who’s starring in Jack Reacher (this December’s action film based on Child’s ninth novel, One Shot). He may be okay with Cruise playing his rugged hero Reacher, but on the second page of A Wanted Man Child reminds us the ex-military cop is ”a big man, six feet five inches tall, heavily built.” Reacher needs that heft for his new adventure, which involves a terrorist cell, a murder in rural Nebraska, and a kidnapped cocktail waitress. Child’s prose is muscular and fast-paced, though not speedy enough to make up for a convoluted plot that doesn’t always track. B
ADVENTURE HERO Tom Reacher is back, but this time around, the novel is too sluggish to keep audiences interested
Genre: Thriller; Author: Lee Child; Publisher: Delacorte
Posted October 5 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Britney Spears dance to Adele's 'Hello'
- Box office report: 'Mockingjay' tops Thanksgiving weekend
- Jennifer Lawrence will keep working with David O. Russell until he dies
- Zoe Saldana goes green (again) for 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Chelsea Peretti and Jordan Peele are engaged
- Adele’s '25' smashes records with first-week album sales
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity