Lee Child isn’t making it easy for Tom Cruise, who’s starring in Jack Reacher (this December’s action film based on Child’s ninth novel, One Shot). He may be okay with Cruise playing his rugged hero Reacher, but on the second page of A Wanted Man Child reminds us the ex-military cop is ”a big man, six feet five inches tall, heavily built.” Reacher needs that heft for his new adventure, which involves a terrorist cell, a murder in rural Nebraska, and a kidnapped cocktail waitress. Child’s prose is muscular and fast-paced, though not speedy enough to make up for a convoluted plot that doesn’t always track. B
ADVENTURE HERO Tom Reacher is back, but this time around, the novel is too sluggish to keep audiences interested
Genre: Thriller; Author: Lee Child; Publisher: Delacorte
Posted October 5 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Stan Lee attends 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Casting Net: Radcliffe and Dano lead 'Swiss Army Man' cast
- AC/DC near streaming deals?
- Jack Carter, comedian-actor, dies at 93
- NeNe Leakes exiting 'Real Housewives'
- 'Star Trek' title confirmed: Justin Lin shares first photo from 'Beyond'
- 'Ghostbusters' uniform: Paul Feig tweets first look
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: New EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Rita Ora, Matthew, Darren & Jennifer, Brandy & More!