Lee Child isn’t making it easy for Tom Cruise, who’s starring in Jack Reacher (this December’s action film based on Child’s ninth novel, One Shot). He may be okay with Cruise playing his rugged hero Reacher, but on the second page of A Wanted Man Child reminds us the ex-military cop is ”a big man, six feet five inches tall, heavily built.” Reacher needs that heft for his new adventure, which involves a terrorist cell, a murder in rural Nebraska, and a kidnapped cocktail waitress. Child’s prose is muscular and fast-paced, though not speedy enough to make up for a convoluted plot that doesn’t always track. B
ADVENTURE HERO Tom Reacher is back, but this time around, the novel is too sluggish to keep audiences interested
Genre: Thriller; Author: Lee Child; Publisher: Delacorte
Posted October 5 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Peyton Manning and Magic Johnson break eggs on their heads for Jimmy Fallon
- J.K. Rowling clarifies 'Cursed Child' book
- Penelope Cruz and Jimmy Fallon Dubsmash 'Frozen' song
- See 29 celebrities recite Justin Bieber's 'Sorry'
- Sacha Baron Cohen shows Jimmy Kimmel graphic 'Brothers Grimsby' clip
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: There's trouble at sea in 'Fear the Walking Dead' teaser
- Can the 'Legends of Tomorrow' ever truly defeat Vandal Savage?
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday