Lee Child isn’t making it easy for Tom Cruise, who’s starring in Jack Reacher (this December’s action film based on Child’s ninth novel, One Shot). He may be okay with Cruise playing his rugged hero Reacher, but on the second page of A Wanted Man Child reminds us the ex-military cop is ”a big man, six feet five inches tall, heavily built.” Reacher needs that heft for his new adventure, which involves a terrorist cell, a murder in rural Nebraska, and a kidnapped cocktail waitress. Child’s prose is muscular and fast-paced, though not speedy enough to make up for a convoluted plot that doesn’t always track. B
ADVENTURE HERO Tom Reacher is back, but this time around, the novel is too sluggish to keep audiences interested
Genre: Thriller; Author: Lee Child; Publisher: Delacorte
Posted October 5 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Split' trailer: James McAvoy is creepy as hell
- 'The Dark Tower': EW's complete coverage of the Stephen King epic
- Snooki debuts 'Yung Mommy' music video
- 'Homeland' elects 'House of Cards' actress as new president
- WATCH: John Krasinski comforts Margo Martindale in 'The Hollars' clip
- 'Elementary': 'True Blood' star to play Sherlock canon character
- New video examines 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels