Image credit: Rovio[/caption]
Just when you thought you had conquered your Angry Birds addiction, the game is getting a Star Wars makeover.
Launching worldwide on Nov. 8, the new Angry Birds mobile game will adopt the stories and settings (including the deserts of Tatooine and the depths of the Death Star) of the legendary film.
“This is the best Angry Birds game we’ve ever done,” Peter Vesterbacka, CMO of Rovio Entertainment, which has partnered with LucasFilm for the project, said in a statement. “It’s the best parts of Angry Birds with all new cutting-edge gameplay set in in a galaxy far, far away. As a big Star Wars fan myself, I’m really excited about this new universe. The Force is definitely strong with this one.”
The game will be available on iOS, Android, Amazon Kindle Fire, Mac, PC, Windows Phone, and Windows 8. Hasbro will launch an Angry Bird Star Wars line of merchandise ranging from Halloween costumes to collectible plush toys on Oct. 28.
We don’t know yet what scenes from the saga will be incorporated into the game, but we certainly hope the five moments below are included in some capacity.
1. The defining moment of the series: Darth Vader telling Luke Skywalker “Luke, I am your father” in Episode V — The Empire Strikes Back.
2. The gold bikini: Princess Leia being held captive in Jabba’s court, sporting the most iconic two-piece in movie-nerd history in Episode VI — Return of the Jedi.
3. The killer opening: The opening crawl of “A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away…” in Episode IV — A New Hope.
4. The ultimate race against the clock: Wedge, Biggs, and Porkins joining Luke to take on the Death Star in Episode IV — A New Hope.
5. Han Solo offing Greedo at the Cantina: Let the Who shot first? debate continue on a whole new platform.
What Star Wars worlds and iconic scenes are you hoping to rediscover in Angry Birds?
Watch the trailer below: