“Be nice to this guy, he’s got a shotgun.” That’ll grab your attention. Watch an exclusive promo below of the new Discovery series Jungle Gold, from the team behind the network’s top-rated show Gold Rush. Premiering Oct. 26, Jungle Gold follows two American men who risk their lives to strike it rich in Ghana, Africa’s second largest gold producing country. After losing everything in the real estate crash of 2008, Scott Lomu was planning to move his family into his father’s basement and George Wright was trying to save his home from foreclosure. Naturally, they decided mining for gold in Ghana was their best option to pay off their debts, which exceeded $1 million. “Armed neighbors, miles of broken roads, roadblocks manned by Ghanaian gangs, and shady and ruthless gold buyers are among the daily hurdles they must face and overcome to succeed in their plan to safely escape Ghana with enough gold to secure their families’ futures,” Discovery teases. How will it go? Check out the promo below.
Posted October 11 2012 — 5:29 PM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles
- 'Agents of SHIELD' eyes Skye's arc: 'Birth of a superhero'