“Be nice to this guy, he’s got a shotgun.” That’ll grab your attention. Watch an exclusive promo below of the new Discovery series Jungle Gold, from the team behind the network’s top-rated show Gold Rush. Premiering Oct. 26, Jungle Gold follows two American men who risk their lives to strike it rich in Ghana, Africa’s second largest gold producing country. After losing everything in the real estate crash of 2008, Scott Lomu was planning to move his family into his father’s basement and George Wright was trying to save his home from foreclosure. Naturally, they decided mining for gold in Ghana was their best option to pay off their debts, which exceeded $1 million. “Armed neighbors, miles of broken roads, roadblocks manned by Ghanaian gangs, and shady and ruthless gold buyers are among the daily hurdles they must face and overcome to succeed in their plan to safely escape Ghana with enough gold to secure their families’ futures,” Discovery teases. How will it go? Check out the promo below.
Posted October 11 2012 — 5:29 PM EDT
- The TV addict's guide to the must-see panels at New York Comic-Con 2015
- The next 'Far Cry' is a mammoth-hunting caveman adventure
- Ashley Judd alleges that she was sexually harassed by a studio mogul
- The modern relevancy of Monday night's surprise 'Gotham' twist
- Dateline to tell the stories of 27 women in 'Cosby Accusers Speak'
- Ryan Murphy has already asked Lady Gaga to join 'AHS' season 6
- New 'Rocky Horror Show' gets BBC America premiere date