“Be nice to this guy, he’s got a shotgun.” That’ll grab your attention. Watch an exclusive promo below of the new Discovery series Jungle Gold, from the team behind the network’s top-rated show Gold Rush. Premiering Oct. 26, Jungle Gold follows two American men who risk their lives to strike it rich in Ghana, Africa’s second largest gold producing country. After losing everything in the real estate crash of 2008, Scott Lomu was planning to move his family into his father’s basement and George Wright was trying to save his home from foreclosure. Naturally, they decided mining for gold in Ghana was their best option to pay off their debts, which exceeded $1 million. “Armed neighbors, miles of broken roads, roadblocks manned by Ghanaian gangs, and shady and ruthless gold buyers are among the daily hurdles they must face and overcome to succeed in their plan to safely escape Ghana with enough gold to secure their families’ futures,” Discovery teases. How will it go? Check out the promo below.
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:29 PM EST
- Jason Sudeikis looks back at 'SNL' and ahead towards 'Fletch'
- 'Outlander' boss Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- Tatiana Maslany on 'Orphan Black' return, and 'totally changing up what people were going to expect'
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!