The famously meticulous star chose well for this excellent collection of from-the-vault tracks. Dating as far back as 1967, the songs here showcase her goose-bump-inducing vocals and endearing interstitial banter. ”Home” and ”How Are Things in Glocca Morra?” will thrill fans of The Broadway Album, and ”I Think It’s Going to Rain Today” is flawless. (The one iffy selection: ”Lost in Wonderland,” a trippy take on Alice.) On ”Being Good Isn’t Good Enough” she sings, ”I’ll be the best or nothing at all.” I think we all know which side of that coin Babs falls on. A-
BEST OF THE BEST Streisand proves why she's a legend with this collection of in-the-vault tracks (Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP)
Genre: Pop; Lead Performer: Barbra Streisand
Posted October 17 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Colton Haynes accepts HRC award: 'Equality is our birthright'
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star Darrell Ward dies in plane crash
- Florida Georgia Line talk working with Tim McGraw for 'powerful' new video
- 'A Monster Calls' release set for awards season
- Sturgill Simpson slams Academy of Country Music over Merle Haggard Award
- 'The Fosters': EP gives hope for season 4B after that intense finale
- Natalie Portman has a good reason for not showing her son 'Star Wars'