The famously meticulous star chose well for this excellent collection of from-the-vault tracks. Dating as far back as 1967, the songs here showcase her goose-bump-inducing vocals and endearing interstitial banter. ”Home” and ”How Are Things in Glocca Morra?” will thrill fans of The Broadway Album, and ”I Think It’s Going to Rain Today” is flawless. (The one iffy selection: ”Lost in Wonderland,” a trippy take on Alice.) On ”Being Good Isn’t Good Enough” she sings, ”I’ll be the best or nothing at all.” I think we all know which side of that coin Babs falls on. A-
BEST OF THE BEST Streisand proves why she's a legend with this collection of in-the-vault tracks (Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP)
Genre: Pop; Lead Performer: Barbra Streisand
Posted October 17 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Donald Trump's The Art of the Deal' director says he wishes his parody wasn't so relevant
- Gwen Stefani expresses mixed emotions on bubbly 'Make Me Like You'
- Taylor warned Kanye against 'strong misogynistic message' in 'Famous'
- See Bob Odenkirk try to explain 'Better Call Saul' in 60 seconds
- 'Scandal' actor Tony Goldwyn thinks Fitz should get on Tinder
- 'Price is Right' specials to host contestants from 'Big Brother,' 'Survivor'
- Ross Marquand of 'TWD' to guest-star on 'The Mindy Project,' 'Deadbeat'