The famously meticulous star chose well for this excellent collection of from-the-vault tracks. Dating as far back as 1967, the songs here showcase her goose-bump-inducing vocals and endearing interstitial banter. ”Home” and ”How Are Things in Glocca Morra?” will thrill fans of The Broadway Album, and ”I Think It’s Going to Rain Today” is flawless. (The one iffy selection: ”Lost in Wonderland,” a trippy take on Alice.) On ”Being Good Isn’t Good Enough” she sings, ”I’ll be the best or nothing at all.” I think we all know which side of that coin Babs falls on. A-
BEST OF THE BEST Streisand proves why she's a legend with this collection of in-the-vault tracks (Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP)
Genre: Pop; Lead Performer: Barbra Streisand
Posted October 17 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- President Obama smacks down Trump for his Mean Tweet
- Ryan Adams is done covering albums after Taylor Swift's '1989'
- Watch the first two episodes of Hulu's 'Freakish'
- Hanson sang the national anthem the last time Cleveland made the World Series
- 'DWTS' used the 'Outlander' theme song — and it went over big
- Michael Gleason, 'Remington Steele' co-creator, dies at 78
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Can the team work with Daisy and Ghost Rider?