The famously meticulous star chose well for this excellent collection of from-the-vault tracks. Dating as far back as 1967, the songs here showcase her goose-bump-inducing vocals and endearing interstitial banter. ”Home” and ”How Are Things in Glocca Morra?” will thrill fans of The Broadway Album, and ”I Think It’s Going to Rain Today” is flawless. (The one iffy selection: ”Lost in Wonderland,” a trippy take on Alice.) On ”Being Good Isn’t Good Enough” she sings, ”I’ll be the best or nothing at all.” I think we all know which side of that coin Babs falls on. A-
BEST OF THE BEST Streisand proves why she's a legend with this collection of in-the-vault tracks (Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP)
Genre: Pop; Lead Performer: Barbra Streisand
Posted October 17 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles
- 'Agents of SHIELD' eyes Skye's arc: 'Birth of a superhero'