The famously meticulous star chose well for this excellent collection of from-the-vault tracks. Dating as far back as 1967, the songs here showcase her goose-bump-inducing vocals and endearing interstitial banter. ”Home” and ”How Are Things in Glocca Morra?” will thrill fans of The Broadway Album, and ”I Think It’s Going to Rain Today” is flawless. (The one iffy selection: ”Lost in Wonderland,” a trippy take on Alice.) On ”Being Good Isn’t Good Enough” she sings, ”I’ll be the best or nothing at all.” I think we all know which side of that coin Babs falls on. A-
BEST OF THE BEST Streisand proves why she's a legend with this collection of in-the-vault tracks (Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP)
Genre: Pop; Lead Performer: Barbra Streisand
Posted October 17 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Hear the Grateful Dead shred on a 1981 version of 'Shakedown Street'
- Paul Feig shares first look at new 'Ghostbusters' proton pack
- A 'Back to the Future' remake? Over Robert Zemeckis's dead body.
- Jon Stewart takes on criticism against Supreme Court marriage equality decision
- Vanessa Bayer nails an impression of this 'Friends' character
- Kids share their thoughts on marriage equality on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- Evangeline Lilly reveals pregnancy