Billy Crystal (in his first live-action film since 2002’s Analyze That) and Bette Midler star as a couple asked to watch their daughter’s three children for a week — but the worrywart mom (Marisa Tomei) just won’t take off. ”She has a lot of trouble leaving because she doesn’t trust us,” says Crystal, who conceived the story (Lisa Addario and Joe Syracuse wrote the script) after a hectic five days babysitting his grandkids. It seems his old-school child-rearing drew constant critiques. ” ‘Don’t look at them this way. Feed them this. Don’t feed them that,’ ” the actor recalls being told. ”It’s just different than it was 30 years ago.” Family dynamics, though, never change.
OLD SCHOOL PARENTING Billy Crystal finds himself in a mess while babysitting his grandkids in Parental Guidance (Phil Caruso)
Posted October 19 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- NBC pulls plug on 'Coach' revival
- 'AHS: Hotel': Ryan Murphy shares three super creepy teasers
- Casting Net: Missi Pyle, Joey Lawrence hit horse rescue drama 'Emma's Chance'
- Rick Ross announces new album will be released this week
- Kesha to guest-star on 'Jane the Virgin'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!