Billy Crystal (in his first live-action film since 2002’s Analyze That) and Bette Midler star as a couple asked to watch their daughter’s three children for a week — but the worrywart mom (Marisa Tomei) just won’t take off. ”She has a lot of trouble leaving because she doesn’t trust us,” says Crystal, who conceived the story (Lisa Addario and Joe Syracuse wrote the script) after a hectic five days babysitting his grandkids. It seems his old-school child-rearing drew constant critiques. ” ‘Don’t look at them this way. Feed them this. Don’t feed them that,’ ” the actor recalls being told. ”It’s just different than it was 30 years ago.” Family dynamics, though, never change.
OLD SCHOOL PARENTING Billy Crystal finds himself in a mess while babysitting his grandkids in Parental Guidance (Phil Caruso)
Posted October 19 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Wes Craven's 5 most twistedly influential films
- A$AP Rocky brings 'L$D' to the VMAs
- Celebrity reactions to Kanye West's MTV VMAs speech
- Miley Cyrus announces new album during VMAs performance
- 'Bad Blood' wins Video of the Year at the MTV VMAs
- The most GIF-able moments from this year's MTV VMAs
- 'I Am Cait' recap: 'The Dating Game'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!