Billy Crystal (in his first live-action film since 2002’s Analyze That) and Bette Midler star as a couple asked to watch their daughter’s three children for a week — but the worrywart mom (Marisa Tomei) just won’t take off. ”She has a lot of trouble leaving because she doesn’t trust us,” says Crystal, who conceived the story (Lisa Addario and Joe Syracuse wrote the script) after a hectic five days babysitting his grandkids. It seems his old-school child-rearing drew constant critiques. ” ‘Don’t look at them this way. Feed them this. Don’t feed them that,’ ” the actor recalls being told. ”It’s just different than it was 30 years ago.” Family dynamics, though, never change.
OLD SCHOOL PARENTING Billy Crystal finds himself in a mess while babysitting his grandkids in Parental Guidance (Phil Caruso)
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- Bruce Jenner confesses Kim Kardashian was the first to know
- Kanye West helped Kim Kardashian accept Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner to Diane Sawyer: 'The female part of me is who I am'
- Casting Net: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau to star in thriller 'Shot Caller'
- Christian Bale knee injury delays production on Fox's 'The Deep Blue Good-by'
- Jared Leto as the Joker: 'Suicide Squad' director tweets a photo