Billy Crystal (in his first live-action film since 2002’s Analyze That) and Bette Midler star as a couple asked to watch their daughter’s three children for a week — but the worrywart mom (Marisa Tomei) just won’t take off. ”She has a lot of trouble leaving because she doesn’t trust us,” says Crystal, who conceived the story (Lisa Addario and Joe Syracuse wrote the script) after a hectic five days babysitting his grandkids. It seems his old-school child-rearing drew constant critiques. ” ‘Don’t look at them this way. Feed them this. Don’t feed them that,’ ” the actor recalls being told. ”It’s just different than it was 30 years ago.” Family dynamics, though, never change.
OLD SCHOOL PARENTING Billy Crystal finds himself in a mess while babysitting his grandkids in Parental Guidance (Phil Caruso)
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- 'The Last Man on Earth' finale: Will Forte on that double cliffhanger ending and what happens next
- 'Game of Thrones' actor explains his surprisingly early exit
- 'Suicide Squad': First Look at rogues' gallery in costume
- 'Game of Thrones': Carice van Houten on nudity, Jon Snow
- 'Star Wars': 'Force Awakens' toys in Sept.
- J.K. Rowling sorry for a 'Potter' death
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!