There’s a good reason Brandy’s most recent single — the frenetic ”Put It Down,” featuring Chris Brown — only hit No. 76 on the Billboard Hot 100: It’s one of the weakest offerings from an otherwise well-crafted for-the-fans album. Ignore what’s pushed to pop radio. Brandy scores when her raspy-sweet voice soars during ballads and slow jams, and that’s what stands out on this intimate, often ethereal collection, Two Eleven, which sputters only when she fires up the vocoder. B+
ETHEREAL COLLECTION Despite her disappointing first single ''Put It Down,'' Brandy's latest album is touching and well-crafted
Genre: R&B; Lead Performer: Brandy; Music Label: RCA
Posted October 19 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Josh Gad Voices a Reincarnated Dog in 'A Dog's Purpose' Trailer
- Oprah Winfrey reveals a ‘Queen Sugar’ sex scene gave her an idea
- Clea DuVall on her directorial debut, 'The Intervention'
- DNCE explain the weirdest interpretation of 'Cake by the Ocean'
- 'Freaks and Geeks': John Francis Daley shares behind-the-scenes photos
- Billionaire Richard Branson nearly died in bike crash
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Vampire Diaries,' 'Arrow,' 'Grey's' and more