Modern Family’s Eric Stonestreet went all out for his costar Jesse Tyler Ferguson’s birthday on Oct. 22. He arranged for the Boston Gay Men’s Chorus to surprise Ferguson onstage. Over half of the 195-member strong ensemble showed up on roughly three hours’ notice. The surprise starts at 2:30 in the video below. Following “Happy Birthday,” the chorus performs Katy Perry’s “Firework” (3:40). You can see why Ferguson is a recurring guest judge on So You Think You Can Dance – he picks up simple choreography quickly. His reaction at 6:00 when the guys get creative with “come on, let your colors burst” is the real reason to watch this. We won’t spoil it for you.
Posted October 24 2012 — 1:21 PM EDT
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'SNL' react: Your quick take on Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!