Modern Family’s Eric Stonestreet went all out for his costar Jesse Tyler Ferguson’s birthday on Oct. 22. He arranged for the Boston Gay Men’s Chorus to surprise Ferguson onstage. Over half of the 195-member strong ensemble showed up on roughly three hours’ notice. The surprise starts at 2:30 in the video below. Following “Happy Birthday,” the chorus performs Katy Perry’s “Firework” (3:40). You can see why Ferguson is a recurring guest judge on So You Think You Can Dance – he picks up simple choreography quickly. His reaction at 6:00 when the guys get creative with “come on, let your colors burst” is the real reason to watch this. We won’t spoil it for you.
Posted October 24 2012 — 1:21 PM EDT
- Mick Rock on his new show: I'm the Anthony Bourdain of rock and roll
- Chevy Chase and Beverly D'Angelo talk about their sweet cameos in the new 'Vacation'
- 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' is not a 'watered-down version' of the films
- Country singer Lynn Anderson dead at 67
- Lucy Lawless maintains no 'Xena' deal, but she'd like one
- 'The Cosby Show' producer says series is 'kind of tarnished'
- Helen Mirren poses with three wax figures of herself at Madame Tussauds
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!