The film SEAL Team Six: The Raid on Osama Bin Laden doesn’t premiere on the National Geographic Channel until Nov. 4, but it’s already making headlines for a pre-election airdate and an edit to include more news and documentary footage of President Obama. (National Geographic, director John Stockwell, and distributor/Obama supporter Harvey Weinstein have insisted the timing and recutting aren’t politically motivated but instead an effort to beat Kathryn Bigelow’s similarly-themed big-screen Zero Dark Thirty to the punch while helping to promote NGC’s fall schedule and to ground the project in realism.) In our exclusive clip below of the SEALs training for the mission, featuring Anson Mount and Robert Knepper, Obama audio is used to set the scene.
Posted October 25 2012 — 12:43 PM EDT
- Watch Ed Sheeran's GMA performance right now
- Ryan Reynolds thanks fans for support as 'Deadpool' production wraps
- Soul-sucking dementor wasps, the Harry Potter illustrated edition, and more J.K. Rowling news
- Ty Dolla $ign's Tarantino-y video for 'Only Right' is here
- HBO nabs Duplass brothers' animated show
- Tidal might lose all Sony music
- 'Married' casts Frances Conroy, M.C. Gainey as Judy Greer’s parents
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!