The film SEAL Team Six: The Raid on Osama Bin Laden doesn’t premiere on the National Geographic Channel until Nov. 4, but it’s already making headlines for a pre-election airdate and an edit to include more news and documentary footage of President Obama. (National Geographic, director John Stockwell, and distributor/Obama supporter Harvey Weinstein have insisted the timing and recutting aren’t politically motivated but instead an effort to beat Kathryn Bigelow’s similarly-themed big-screen Zero Dark Thirty to the punch while helping to promote NGC’s fall schedule and to ground the project in realism.) In our exclusive clip below of the SEALs training for the mission, featuring Anson Mount and Robert Knepper, Obama audio is used to set the scene.
Posted October 25 2012 — 12:43 PM EDT
- Legendary closes deal on Dwayne Johnson action project set in China
- 'Preacher' pilot: Hear the directors' commentary online
- Chance the Rapper, 2 Chainz, Lil Wayne have 'No Problem' in video
- Red Hot Chili Peppers share chill new song 'The Getaway'
- Khloé Kardashian files for divorce from Lamar Odom — again
- Justin Bieber, Skrillex facing lawsuit over 'Sorry'
- 'Homeland' cast, creator tease Quinn's fate, return of past characters