Eagle-eyed horror buffs might catch a nifty visual joke in the dramedy Silver Linings Playbook when it hits theaters Nov. 21. During a scene in which costars Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence get into an argument outside a movie theater, the title on the marquee reads The Midnight Meat Train. What is that? Well, it’s a gruesome 2008 flick about a cleaver-wielding subway serial killer … starring none other than Bradley Cooper as the man obsessed with stopping him. Linings director David O. Russell explains, ”I wanted a horror film up there, and with this very heavy scene happening underneath it, it was just a fun inside thing for us on the set.”
Posted October 26 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Ghostbusters' new car: Paul Feig reveals #whattheygonnadrive
- Gay marriage ruling movie in the works at Fox
- Casting Net: Ellen Page signs on for Iraq War drama Lioness
- Hillary Clinton talks 'SNL' impressions
- Miss USA pageant names new hosts
- Rosie Perez leaving 'The View'
- Jeff Goldblum and wife welcome first son on the only possible day
- 'American Idol Live!' tour photos: Let's go backstage!
- They look like THAT now? See some of the latest child stars all grown up
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!