Eagle-eyed horror buffs might catch a nifty visual joke in the dramedy Silver Linings Playbook when it hits theaters Nov. 21. During a scene in which costars Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence get into an argument outside a movie theater, the title on the marquee reads The Midnight Meat Train. What is that? Well, it’s a gruesome 2008 flick about a cleaver-wielding subway serial killer … starring none other than Bradley Cooper as the man obsessed with stopping him. Linings director David O. Russell explains, ”I wanted a horror film up there, and with this very heavy scene happening underneath it, it was just a fun inside thing for us on the set.”
Posted October 26 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Carly Rae Jepsen, Kanye West, and Wale just kickstarted 2015's Song of Summer debate
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Julie Mintz unveils the strings-drenched, Moby-produced ballad 'Till She Disappears' -- exclusive
- Watch the short film that inspired Oscar winner Whiplash
- Netflix nabs Cary Fukunaga's 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Fox casts'True Blood' star Rob Kazinsky as Frankenstein monster
- Urban Cone teams up with Tove Lo for 'Come Back to Me' -- exclusive