Eagle-eyed horror buffs might catch a nifty visual joke in the dramedy Silver Linings Playbook when it hits theaters Nov. 21. During a scene in which costars Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence get into an argument outside a movie theater, the title on the marquee reads The Midnight Meat Train. What is that? Well, it’s a gruesome 2008 flick about a cleaver-wielding subway serial killer … starring none other than Bradley Cooper as the man obsessed with stopping him. Linings director David O. Russell explains, ”I wanted a horror film up there, and with this very heavy scene happening underneath it, it was just a fun inside thing for us on the set.”
Posted October 26 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Fantastic Four' cast says they still haven't seen the film
- Candace Cameron Bure shares new 'Fuller House' photo
- 'Deadpool' red band trailer to officially debut Tuesday on 'Conan'
- Dave Grohl responds in Italian to 1,000 fans who covered ‘Learn to Fly’
- Someone cut together 280 movies for an epic 'Uptown Funk' cover
- Box office report: ‘Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation,’ 'Vacation'
- First teaser for 'Zoolander 2' asks one big existential question
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!