Eagle-eyed horror buffs might catch a nifty visual joke in the dramedy Silver Linings Playbook when it hits theaters Nov. 21. During a scene in which costars Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence get into an argument outside a movie theater, the title on the marquee reads The Midnight Meat Train. What is that? Well, it’s a gruesome 2008 flick about a cleaver-wielding subway serial killer … starring none other than Bradley Cooper as the man obsessed with stopping him. Linings director David O. Russell explains, ”I wanted a horror film up there, and with this very heavy scene happening underneath it, it was just a fun inside thing for us on the set.”
Posted October 26 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'You're the Worst' snags Echo Kellum in season 2
- President Obama documents his 'Running Wild' trip with Bear Grylls in selfies
- 'Are You The One?' season 3 trailer: See the new twist in action
- Theo Rossi joins 'Luke Cage' cast, Rosario Dawson will return as Claire Temple
- Garbage to reissue 20th anniversary edition of their debut album
- Sarah Jessica Parker, Bill Hader, and Jason Sudeikis to guest on 'Billy on the Street'
- 'Walking Dead' actor to guest on Fox's 'Minority Report'
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!