Eagle-eyed horror buffs might catch a nifty visual joke in the dramedy Silver Linings Playbook when it hits theaters Nov. 21. During a scene in which costars Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence get into an argument outside a movie theater, the title on the marquee reads The Midnight Meat Train. What is that? Well, it’s a gruesome 2008 flick about a cleaver-wielding subway serial killer … starring none other than Bradley Cooper as the man obsessed with stopping him. Linings director David O. Russell explains, ”I wanted a horror film up there, and with this very heavy scene happening underneath it, it was just a fun inside thing for us on the set.”
Posted October 26 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters