Eagle-eyed horror buffs might catch a nifty visual joke in the dramedy Silver Linings Playbook when it hits theaters Nov. 21. During a scene in which costars Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence get into an argument outside a movie theater, the title on the marquee reads The Midnight Meat Train. What is that? Well, it’s a gruesome 2008 flick about a cleaver-wielding subway serial killer … starring none other than Bradley Cooper as the man obsessed with stopping him. Linings director David O. Russell explains, ”I wanted a horror film up there, and with this very heavy scene happening underneath it, it was just a fun inside thing for us on the set.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- Earl Sweatshirt shares new 10-minute song 'Solace'
- Barbra Streisand reunites Robert Redford with Chaplin Award
- Muse releases eerie new video for 'Dead Inside'
- Stream Phoebe Bridgers and Daniel Clarke's new Pax-Am 7-Inch Series releases
- 'Hunger Games' star responds to Baltimore riots
- Michael Fassbender and Marion Cotillard look fair and foul in 'Macbeth'