This English-language, London-based remake of Nicolas Winding Refn’s cult-fave Danish drug saga Pusher is much glossier, more bright-lights-big-city, and less jolting than the gritty 1996 original. Yet minus the voltage that put Refn (Drive) on the map, the story is pretty much the same, that of a drug dealer (Richard Coyle) who falls deeper and more desperately into trouble in the span of a week after a botched deal leaves him owing a bundle to his supplier. Best part: Colorful Croatian-Danish actor Zlatko Buri´ reprises his role as the jovially menacing foreign heavy out to collect his dough. (Also available on VOD) B
PUSH IT REAL GOOD Richard Coyle plays the troubled drug dealer in this remake of the 1996 Danish original
Genre: Suspense, Thriller; Starring: Richard Coyle, Agyness Deyn; Director: Luis Prieto; Runtime (in minutes): 87; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: RADiUS-TWC
Posted October 27 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- USA Women win soccer's World Cup: Celebs on Twitter say...
- 'Penny Dreadful' showrunner's postmortem on season finale: 'I’m just very proud of it'
- Kate Hudson gets patriotic, belts out the national anthem on Instagram
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer: 'Scream Queens' will be just 'as brutal' as 'American Horror Story'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!