This English-language, London-based remake of Nicolas Winding Refn’s cult-fave Danish drug saga Pusher is much glossier, more bright-lights-big-city, and less jolting than the gritty 1996 original. Yet minus the voltage that put Refn (Drive) on the map, the story is pretty much the same, that of a drug dealer (Richard Coyle) who falls deeper and more desperately into trouble in the span of a week after a botched deal leaves him owing a bundle to his supplier. Best part: Colorful Croatian-Danish actor Zlatko Buri´ reprises his role as the jovially menacing foreign heavy out to collect his dough. (Also available on VOD) B
PUSH IT REAL GOOD Richard Coyle plays the troubled drug dealer in this remake of the 1996 Danish original
Genre: Suspense, Thriller; Starring: Richard Coyle, Agyness Deyn; Director: Luis Prieto; Release Date Limited: 10/26/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 87; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: RADiUS-TWC
Posted October 27 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Hannibal' music supervisor on working with Siouxsie Sioux for the finale's song
- Hugh Dancy explains that shocking 'Hannibal' series finale
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!