This English-language, London-based remake of Nicolas Winding Refn’s cult-fave Danish drug saga Pusher is much glossier, more bright-lights-big-city, and less jolting than the gritty 1996 original. Yet minus the voltage that put Refn (Drive) on the map, the story is pretty much the same, that of a drug dealer (Richard Coyle) who falls deeper and more desperately into trouble in the span of a week after a botched deal leaves him owing a bundle to his supplier. Best part: Colorful Croatian-Danish actor Zlatko Buri´ reprises his role as the jovially menacing foreign heavy out to collect his dough. (Also available on VOD) B
PUSH IT REAL GOOD Richard Coyle plays the troubled drug dealer in this remake of the 1996 Danish original
Genre: Suspense, Thriller; Starring: Richard Coyle, Agyness Deyn; Director: Luis Prieto; Release Date Limited: 10/26/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 87; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: RADiUS-TWC
Posted October 27 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 21 things we learned from Lifetime's 'Unauthorized 90210 Story'
- Michael Fassbender 'studied Ashton Kutcher' (not really) for 'Steve Jobs'
- Why Victoria Justice got starstruck at Fashion Week
- Broadway's Cinderella and Prince Hans actor from 'Frozen' tie the knot
- Miley Cyrus hosts 'SNL': EW live blog
- Miley Cyrus hosts 'SNL': Play People's unofficial drinking game
- Princess Leia's 'Star Wars' bikini sells for $96,000 at auction