This English-language, London-based remake of Nicolas Winding Refn’s cult-fave Danish drug saga Pusher is much glossier, more bright-lights-big-city, and less jolting than the gritty 1996 original. Yet minus the voltage that put Refn (Drive) on the map, the story is pretty much the same, that of a drug dealer (Richard Coyle) who falls deeper and more desperately into trouble in the span of a week after a botched deal leaves him owing a bundle to his supplier. Best part: Colorful Croatian-Danish actor Zlatko Buri´ reprises his role as the jovially menacing foreign heavy out to collect his dough. (Also available on VOD) B
PUSH IT REAL GOOD Richard Coyle plays the troubled drug dealer in this remake of the 1996 Danish original
Genre: Suspense, Thriller; Starring: Richard Coyle, Agyness Deyn; Director: Luis Prieto; Release Date Limited: 10/26/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 87; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: RADiUS-TWC
Posted October 27 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Black Panther vs. Winter Soldier in 'Captain America: Civil War' clip
- Beyonce postpones 'Formation' tour's Nashville concert stop
- 'The Martian' extended cut has 10 minutes of extra footage
- Woody Harrelson denied medical marijuana dispensary license: Report
- WATCH: How Ryan Gosling put Margaret Qualley at ease on 'Nice Guys'
- 'That '70s Show' cast reunite on the set of Netflix's 'The Ranch'
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch