Friday night, I had the honor of moderating a panel at the New York Television Festival, which included New Girl’s Liz Meriwether and Hannah Simone, Ben + Kate’s Dakota Johnson and Lucy Punch, and Raising Hope’s Shannon Woodward. And while I wasn’t fixating on why all funny women on Fox seem to have bangs, I was listening to these hilarious women’s responses to their favorite comedic actress (Tina Fey, Kristen Wiig), whether they’re allowed to improvise (hell no on Raising Hope, but hell yeah on the other shows. “Free writing!” Meriwether said), on which show they’d like to see their characters do a cross-over (pretty much a universal desire to be on Homeland), and whether that boob-slap match between Jess (Zooey Deschanel) and Cece (Simone) hurt (nah,they were padded). But my favorite moment had to be when I asked Meriwether whether she had a plan about where Nick (Jake Johnson) and Jess will end up and without missing a beat she said, “F—ing.” (But she said it without the dashes.) But then she conceded, “But he’ll marry someone else.”
Posted January 18 2015 — 11:57 AM EST
- 'Outlander' boss Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- Tatiana Maslany on 'Orphan Black' return, and 'totally changing up what people were going to expect'
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!