For seven-plus years the Lego videogame franchise has provided reliably fun opportunities for fans of all ages to platform, puzzle-solve, and collect prizes aplenty. But let’s face it, the brick-busting gameplay isn’t the reason we keep returning to these titles — the real draw is the series’ ability to smartly skewer our favorite films’ stars and scenes by giving them block-y makeovers. Peter Jackson’s Lord of the Rings trilogy is the latest movie license to get Lego-fied and, if this exclusive trailer is any indication, it appears no one—not even an army of ugly Orcs—is safe from being turned into cute, plastic playthings. Check it out below.
Posted January 18 2015 — 11:57 AM EST
- Jason Sudeikis looks back at 'SNL' and ahead towards 'Fletch'
- 'Outlander' boss Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- Tatiana Maslany on 'Orphan Black' return, and 'totally changing up what people were going to expect'
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!