For seven-plus years the Lego videogame franchise has provided reliably fun opportunities for fans of all ages to platform, puzzle-solve, and collect prizes aplenty. But let’s face it, the brick-busting gameplay isn’t the reason we keep returning to these titles — the real draw is the series’ ability to smartly skewer our favorite films’ stars and scenes by giving them block-y makeovers. Peter Jackson’s Lord of the Rings trilogy is the latest movie license to get Lego-fied and, if this exclusive trailer is any indication, it appears no one—not even an army of ugly Orcs—is safe from being turned into cute, plastic playthings. Check it out below.
Posted October 29 2012 — 6:38 PM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters