For seven-plus years the Lego videogame franchise has provided reliably fun opportunities for fans of all ages to platform, puzzle-solve, and collect prizes aplenty. But let’s face it, the brick-busting gameplay isn’t the reason we keep returning to these titles — the real draw is the series’ ability to smartly skewer our favorite films’ stars and scenes by giving them block-y makeovers. Peter Jackson’s Lord of the Rings trilogy is the latest movie license to get Lego-fied and, if this exclusive trailer is any indication, it appears no one—not even an army of ugly Orcs—is safe from being turned into cute, plastic playthings. Check it out below.
Posted October 29 2012 — 6:38 PM EDT
- Gene Wilder: A look at his final onscreen performance
- Mel Brooks pays tribute to longtime collaborator Gene Wilder
- Inside the 'Bitch Sesh' Podcast
- Stars pay tribute to Gene Wilder
- Mankind is under threat in exclusive trailer for sci-fi film 'Somnus'
- Yvonne Strahovski joins Hulu's 'The Handmaid's Tale'
- Teyana Taylor: 5 things to know about the star of Kanye new video