For seven-plus years the Lego videogame franchise has provided reliably fun opportunities for fans of all ages to platform, puzzle-solve, and collect prizes aplenty. But let’s face it, the brick-busting gameplay isn’t the reason we keep returning to these titles — the real draw is the series’ ability to smartly skewer our favorite films’ stars and scenes by giving them block-y makeovers. Peter Jackson’s Lord of the Rings trilogy is the latest movie license to get Lego-fied and, if this exclusive trailer is any indication, it appears no one—not even an army of ugly Orcs—is safe from being turned into cute, plastic playthings. Check it out below.
Posted October 29 2012 — 6:38 PM EDT
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel