For seven-plus years the Lego videogame franchise has provided reliably fun opportunities for fans of all ages to platform, puzzle-solve, and collect prizes aplenty. But let’s face it, the brick-busting gameplay isn’t the reason we keep returning to these titles — the real draw is the series’ ability to smartly skewer our favorite films’ stars and scenes by giving them block-y makeovers. Peter Jackson’s Lord of the Rings trilogy is the latest movie license to get Lego-fied and, if this exclusive trailer is any indication, it appears no one—not even an army of ugly Orcs—is safe from being turned into cute, plastic playthings. Check it out below.
Posted October 29 2012 — 6:38 PM EDT
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'SNL' react: Your quick take on Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!