The kookball horror romp John Dies at the End has had many lives: First as a serialized internet novel on the internet way back in 2001, then as a published (and quickly out-of-print) paperback novel, and now as a completely crazypants-looking film. The movie – directed by cult director Don Coscarelli (Phantasm, Beastmaster, Bubba Ho-Tep) – stars a pair of average dudes (Rob Mayes and Chase Williamson) who come into contact with a strange substance and have to fight against invaders from an alternate dimension. Or something. Paul Giamatti and a gigantic monster made of raw meat are also involved. Watch the trailer:
Posted October 31 2012 — 10:30 AM EDT
- 'Twilight' vs. 'Life and Death': A sexy vampire glossary
- 'We Are Still Here': How they created the year's creepiest ghosts
- 'Grandfathered' snags 'Agent Carter' star as love interest
- Jared Leto stayed in character on 'Suicide Squad' set
- New Cosby accuser files lawsuit: 'It is my hope that he will in fact face justice'
- Nina Dobrev explains why she's the scariest cast member in 'The Final Girls'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead': Robert Kirkman promises 'awesome boat stuff' in season 2