The kookball horror romp John Dies at the End has had many lives: First as a serialized internet novel on the internet way back in 2001, then as a published (and quickly out-of-print) paperback novel, and now as a completely crazypants-looking film. The movie – directed by cult director Don Coscarelli (Phantasm, Beastmaster, Bubba Ho-Tep) – stars a pair of average dudes (Rob Mayes and Chase Williamson) who come into contact with a strange substance and have to fight against invaders from an alternate dimension. Or something. Paul Giamatti and a gigantic monster made of raw meat are also involved. Watch the trailer:
Posted October 31 2012 — 10:30 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters