The kookball horror romp John Dies at the End has had many lives: First as a serialized internet novel on the internet way back in 2001, then as a published (and quickly out-of-print) paperback novel, and now as a completely crazypants-looking film. The movie – directed by cult director Don Coscarelli (Phantasm, Beastmaster, Bubba Ho-Tep) – stars a pair of average dudes (Rob Mayes and Chase Williamson) who come into contact with a strange substance and have to fight against invaders from an alternate dimension. Or something. Paul Giamatti and a gigantic monster made of raw meat are also involved. Watch the trailer:
Posted October 31 2012 — 10:30 AM EDT
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode: 'It was an important one for us'
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Ryan Reynolds makes young fan's dream come true on 'Deadpool' set
- And the winner of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest is...
- Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining' at 35: Horror director Ted Geoghegan pays tribute
- Sting and Jimmy Fallon take 'Roxanne' to barbershop
- 'Mad Max' gets the 'Mario Kart' mashup it deserves
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!