The kookball horror romp John Dies at the End has had many lives: First as a serialized internet novel on the internet way back in 2001, then as a published (and quickly out-of-print) paperback novel, and now as a completely crazypants-looking film. The movie – directed by cult director Don Coscarelli (Phantasm, Beastmaster, Bubba Ho-Tep) – stars a pair of average dudes (Rob Mayes and Chase Williamson) who come into contact with a strange substance and have to fight against invaders from an alternate dimension. Or something. Paul Giamatti and a gigantic monster made of raw meat are also involved. Watch the trailer:
Posted October 31 2012 — 10:30 AM EDT
- 'Spring Awakening' revival confirms Broadway dates
- See how the 'Game of Thrones' 'Hardhome' battle came together
- Neil Casey joins 'Ghostbusters' reboot
- Netflix announces original film premiere dates
- Brian Grazer suspected 'Cowboys & Aliens' would be a dud
- Judge explains why he unsealed Bill Cosby deposition
- And the final 'Bachelor in Paradise' contestant is ...
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!