The Daily Show and The Colbert Report were a day late during the political debates, taping their shows before the evening festivities. But they’re not playing around when it comes to Election Day. Both shows will air live on Tuesday night, as the election results come in. The Daily Show is promoting their 11 p.m. ET coverage as “Election Night 2012: This Ends Now,” with Stewart leading his team in analyzing the state-by-state returns. At 11:30, The Colbert Report’s “Election 2012: A Nation Votes, Ohio Decides; The Re-Presidenting of America: Who Will Replace Obama? ‘012!” will welcome political pundit Andrew Sullivan for his take on the election results.
(Brendan Smialowski/AFP/Getty Images)
Posted November 1 2012 — 12:59 PM EDT
- See the exclusive trailer for Anthony Jeselnik's Netflix special
- Gilmore Girls 15th Anniversary: A (very detailed) look at the best of Sookie St. James
- George Miller has more 'Mad Max' films planned
- Hayley Atwell and Clark Gregg will war on 'Lip Sync Battle' — exclusive
- 'Pepsi Perfect' bottles coming to commemorate 'Back to the Future II'
- 'Project Greenlight': Jason makes the important decision of the season
- 'Doctor Who' showrunner on the fate of the sonic screwdriver