There are plenty of reasons to envy Kate Moss: she’s incredibly gorgeous, she dated Johnny Depp, and she singlehandedly changed the face of modeling. (Thanks for the size zero, Kate!). But if her new interview with Vanity Fair is anything to go by, then there are plenty of reasons to be happy you’re not a supermodel as well. So if you, like me, have been living on a diet of Halloween candy and Club crackers in the wake of Hurricane Sandy (that’s what happens when you have no power and trick-or-treating is postponed – it’s inevitable), then here are five reasons not to feel guilty about those 10 fun-size Snickers bars.
1. She’s insecure: “I don’t want to be myself, ever,” said Moss. She even admitted to asking John Galliano to give her a character on her wedding day. “[Galliano] said, ‘You have a secret – you are the last of the English roses. Hide under that veil. When he lifts it, he’s going to see your wanton past!’”
2. She regrets her iconic 1992 Calvin Klein photo shoot: “It didn’t feel like me at all. I felt really bad about straddling this buff guy,” she confessed. “I didn’t like it. I couldn’t get out of bed for two weeks. I thought I was going to die.” Imagine having a nervous breakdown over straddling Mark Wahlberg!
3. She’s forever associated with heroin: Despite popularizing the “heroin chic” look, Moss insisted that she’s never tried the drug herself. “I had never even taken heroin – it was nothing to do with me at all,” she said of the look. Too bad, it’s already on Wikipedia.
4. She cried for “years” after splitting from Johnny Depp: “There’s nobody that’s ever really been able to take care of me, she revealed. “Johnny did for a bit… And that’s what I missed when I left. I really lost that gauge of somebody I could trust. Nightmare. Years and years of crying. Oh, the tears!”
5. She’s given up her party lifestyle: “I don’t really go to clubs anymore. I’m actually quite settled,” Moss said. Nowadays, she’s living in Highgate with her family. “I’m not a hell-raiser. But don’t burst the bubble. Behind closed doors, for sure I’m a hell-raiser.” I don’t care what age you are, everyone should party at least once in a while.