Diane (Juno Temple) is a raggedy moppet of a girl, adrift on a visit to New York City. Jack (Riley Keough) is a skateboarding tomboy of a chick. Wham, the two fall into an ardent, downtown-y, summertime passion — symbolized by Diane’s flowing nose-bleed. Love and sex are scary in Bradley Rust Gray’s over-Freuded exercise in semi-horror/gender studies: The nosebleeds are dainty compared with images of slithering hanks of hair and mucous-y membranes, in scenes animated by the Quay Brothers. (Also available on VOD) B-
Genre: Drama; Starring: Riley Keough, Jena Malone, Kylie Minogue, Juno Temple; Director: Bradley Rust Gray; Release Date Limited: 11/02/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted November 9 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Chicago Med' has two new showrunners
- Fox changes name of its new series 'The Frankenstein Code'
- Chaka Khan set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Why Wayne Brady freaked out at the chance to play drag queen Lola in 'Kinky Boots'
- 'American Dad!' renewed for two seasons
- Nicki Minaj will open the MTV VMAs on Sunday
- Miley Cyrus addresses Nicki Minaj's VMAs comments in new interview
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Miley Cyrus, Taylor & Selena, The Voice Crew & More!