Diane (Juno Temple) is a raggedy moppet of a girl, adrift on a visit to New York City. Jack (Riley Keough) is a skateboarding tomboy of a chick. Wham, the two fall into an ardent, downtown-y, summertime passion — symbolized by Diane’s flowing nose-bleed. Love and sex are scary in Bradley Rust Gray’s over-Freuded exercise in semi-horror/gender studies: The nosebleeds are dainty compared with images of slithering hanks of hair and mucous-y membranes, in scenes animated by the Quay Brothers. (Also available on VOD) B-
Genre: Drama; Starring: Riley Keough, Jena Malone, Kylie Minogue, Juno Temple; Director: Bradley Rust Gray; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted November 9 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- The 50 Most Watched Broadcast Shows of 2014-15
- Extreme Fan Club with Chris Pratt -- exclusive video
- EW's definitive ranking of the top 10 'Pac-Man' ghosts
- Funeral for slain New York rapper will be held next week
- What to binge-watch: Memorial Day marathon edition
- Pac-Man turns 35: Looking back on three-plus decades of video games, pop culture, and cereal
- 'Mad Men' finale attracts record audience
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!