The title refers not only to particular music by Beethoven but also to the fictional string quartet of Yaron Zilberman’s fussily genteel, overplotted Manhattan tale in which interpersonal stresses build to a crescendo when one of the foursome becomes ill. Although the crises are too precious, the performances are treasures, led by Christopher Walken in a surprisingly gentle, soulful key as the group’s senior member. Also in tune: Philip Seymour Hoffman, Catherine Keener, and Mark Ivanir, as the coldly practical first fiddle. B
Genre: Drama; Starring: Philip Seymour Hoffman, Catherine Keener, Christopher Walken; Director: Yaron Zilberman; Release Date Limited: 11/02/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Entertainment One
Posted November 9 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- Ryan Murphy has already asked Lady Gaga to join 'AHS' season 6
- New 'Rocky Horror Show' gets BBC America premiere date
- Misha Collins releases behind-the-scenes look at filming 'Supernatural'
- How 'Twilight' fans reacted to the gender-swapping 'Twilight: Reimagined'
- See the action-packed final trailer for 'Mockingjay - Part 2'
- ABC Family changing name, ditching 'Family' to draw younger viewers
- Tom Hanks helps student who lost her college ID