The title refers not only to particular music by Beethoven but also to the fictional string quartet of Yaron Zilberman’s fussily genteel, overplotted Manhattan tale in which interpersonal stresses build to a crescendo when one of the foursome becomes ill. Although the crises are too precious, the performances are treasures, led by Christopher Walken in a surprisingly gentle, soulful key as the group’s senior member. Also in tune: Philip Seymour Hoffman, Catherine Keener, and Mark Ivanir, as the coldly practical first fiddle. B
A Late QuartetThe title refers not only to particular music by Beethoven but also to the fictional string quartet of Yaron Zilberman's fussily genteel, overplotted...A Late QuartetDramaPT105MRThe title refers not only to particular music by Beethoven but also to the fictional string quartet of Yaron Zilberman's fussily genteel, overplotted...2012-11-09Entertainment One
Genre: Drama; Starring: Philip Seymour Hoffman, Catherine Keener, Christopher Walken; Director: Yaron Zilberman; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Entertainment One
Posted November 9 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- Exclusive photos and intel on new characters from season 6 of ‘The Walking Dead'
- 'CSI' casts 'Faking It' star Katie Stevens for finale
- Christina Applegate on turning down 'Legally Blonde': 'What a stupid move'
- The Chilean miners disaster story comes alive in first trailer for 'The 33'
- 'Banshee' confirmed canceled after fourth season
- See EWwy campaign posters for the best dramatic actor nominees
- Netflix chief still 'thrilled' with Adam Sandler after 'Pixels' flop
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Ellie Kemper, Matthew Fox, The VS Angels & More!