The late Graham Chapman was a paradox. Openly gay, and for years a closeted drinker, he arguably had a more colorful offscreen life than his fellow Pythons, but he also had a less vivid, more lightweight comic personality than any of them. That contradiction is reflected in this quasi-biography made up of wildly showy 3-D-animated segments, each one done in a different style. It’s like watching Yellow Submarine laid over a celebrity-therapy episode of Dr. Phil. (Also available on EPIX) B-
A LIAR'S AUTOBIOGRAPHY — THE UNTRUE STORY OF MONTY PYTHON'S GRAHAM CHAPMAN (EPIX and Brainstorm Media)
Genre: Animation, Comedy; Starring: Graham Chapman, John Cleese; Director: Bill Jones, Jeff Simpson, Ben Timlett; Runtime (in minutes): 82; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Brainstorm Media
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- Adrianne Palicki talks 'Agents of SHIELD' and Bobbi: 'a really interesting struggle for her'
- 'Justified': Jere Burns on Mikey's loyalty and THAT scene
- 'Being Mary Jane' director on portraying racism on TV
- 'Finding Carter' returns with its best hour yet
- 'Cougar Town' series finale: How the cul-de-sac crew said goodbye
- Casting Net: Hugh Jackman in 'Apostle Paul,' Stephen Amell in 'TMNT 2'
- Joni Mitchell hospitalized
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!