Christopher Plummer adapts his Tony-winning performance as the famous (and, ultimately, alcoholically tragic) American actor John Barrymore — grandfather of Drew — with inevitable pluses and minuses. In the win column: Plummer is marvelous, flitting between reminiscence and Shakespearean recitation as a gifted artist aware of his own wretchedness. Among the drawbacks: Director Érik Canuel jumps through hoops in an effort to make the stage piece (by William Luce) move like the movie piece it isn’t. B
BARRYGOOD Christopher Plummer turns out a stunning performance as American actor John Barrymore
Genre: Drama; Starring: Christopher Plummer, John Plumpis; Director: Erik Canuel; Release Date Limited: 11/15/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 84; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted November 23 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- Fábio Moon and Gabriel Bá preview new graphic novel 'Two Brothers'
- Demi Lovato urges for mental health reform following Oregon shooting
- Rooney Mara on the Tiger Lily casting controversy in 'Pan': ‘It wasn’t great’
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' season 1: Exclusive Blu-ray and DVD release details
- See the new trailer for Bryan Cranston's 'Trumbo'
- Joanna Newsom announces North American leg of 'Divers' tour
- Young Uhtred storms into battle in 'The Last Kingdom' first-look clip