It was essentially a live viewing party online for Lifetime’s Liz & Dick last night. The movie, which spanned decades, was easy snark ground for the Internet. From the costumes (and those wigs!) to some less-than-stellar line delivery, the whole thing was like an early Christmas present to Lindsay Lohan haters.
Lohan’s fans had less to be excited about – although some certainly were happy for the actress: New BFF Lady Gaga tweeted: “you did a beautiful job on Liz & Dick, Let no one bring u down, Liz didnt, they always try to knock the greats down a few pegs.”
Miss the drama and just want some highlights to contribute to your office discussion? Read on for the Top 10 standout (and increasingly meta!) Lindsay-Lohan-as-Elizabeth-Taylor lines.
10. You do know I’m shagging him senseless, right?” – When an aide raises questions about letting Taylor into Burton’s room
9. “Apparently, no one in London’s ever had an affair! Hypocrites, all of you!” – Taylor, when she realizes all their friends won’t be seen in public with them
8. “Are they legal? Then Unitarian it is!” – Taylor, about who could perform their marriage
7. “It’s like you have breasts and turn 40 in this business, bye bye!” – Taylor, about being knocked off a list of top Hollywood actresses
6. “Two Bloody Marys… I’ve ordered breakfast.” – Taylor, on a yacht, to Burton
5. “If I’m not mistaken, you might need a little of this [pours vodka].” – Taylor to Burton on set of Cleopatra
4. “I’m bored. I’m so bored.” – Taylor
3. “They want a show, let’s give them a show.” – Taylor, when she discovers paparazzi have found them
2. Why would anyone want to print a photo like that? They used to only print the nice, glamorous ones!” – Taylor, seeing the ugly side of the press
1. “I’m a joke.” – Taylor
‘Liz and Dick’ review: Lindsay Lohan did Elizabeth Taylor wrong
‘Liz & Dick’ producer talks the risky business of hiring Lindsay Lohan, giving Taylor and Burton a chance to speak from ‘Hollywood heaven’
Sneak Peek: Lindsay Lohan’s top 3 costume moments from Lifetime’s ‘Liz & Dick’