Just how controversial is Rihanna’s new album? That depends on how worked up you get about rhyme schemes like this: ”Your love is infectious/Let’s make out in this Lexus.” She might’ve stirred up headlines when she invited her ex Chris Brown to sing that line on ”Nobody’s Business,” which borrows its title (and its ’80s R&B sound) from Michael Jackson’s ”The Way You Make Me Feel.” But the album is far less defiant than its title suggests, with just as many lovely moments by the piano (”Stay”) as there are dubstep-warped bangers (check out the massive club rave-up ”Jump,” which nods to Ginuwine’s equestrian-love classic ”Pony”). After last year’s Eurodisco romp Talk That Talk, the only thing shocking here is how vulnerable she sounds. B+
UnapologeticJust how controversial is Rihanna's new album? That depends on how worked up you get about rhyme schemes like this: ''Your love is infectious/Let's make...UnapologeticR&BJust how controversial is Rihanna's new album? That depends on how worked up you get about rhyme schemes like this: ''Your love is infectious/Let's make...2012-11-28
UNAPOLOGETIC Rihanna (Christopher Polk/Getty Images)
Genre: R&B; Lead Performer: Rihanna; Music Label: Island Def Jam
Posted November 28 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Hannibal' music supervisor on working with Siouxsie Sioux for the finale's song
- Hugh Dancy explains that shocking 'Hannibal' series finale
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!