Well, New Girl, meet pointed satire. Paulilu, a New York sketch comedy group, has released Old Girl, their own spin on FOX’s runaway hit. This time, the new roommate isn’t Jessica Day, an odd but attractive young teacher who’s 90% bangs, but Muriel Rosenberg, a cranky octogenarian played by Helen Slayton-Hughes. She’s quick with age-appropriate pop references – silent film hunk Rudolph Valentino, the ’80s procedural Murder She Wrote – and has trouble with pesky amenities like TiVo. What’s funny is that the dynamics of Old Girl are basically the same as on New Girl. Watch it below.
Posted November 29 2012 — 12:57 PM EST
- Donald Trump's Dwyane Wade tweet slammed
- 'The Dark Knight' video essay explores Heath Ledger's Joker
- Daisy Ridley says next 'Star Wars' title won't be revealed for a while
- Emily Blunt shares Julie Andrews' reaction to her Mary Poppins casting
- Kevin Smith recalls awkward text exchange with daughter
- ‘The Goldbergs’ enlists ‘The Office’ alum for ‘Brady Bunch’ episode
- Britney Spears says Carpool Karaoke was 'fun,' 'awkward'