Well, New Girl, meet pointed satire. Paulilu, a New York sketch comedy group, has released Old Girl, their own spin on FOX’s runaway hit. This time, the new roommate isn’t Jessica Day, an odd but attractive young teacher who’s 90% bangs, but Muriel Rosenberg, a cranky octogenarian played by Helen Slayton-Hughes. She’s quick with age-appropriate pop references – silent film hunk Rudolph Valentino, the ’80s procedural Murder She Wrote – and has trouble with pesky amenities like TiVo. What’s funny is that the dynamics of Old Girl are basically the same as on New Girl. Watch it below.
Posted November 29 2012 — 12:57 PM EST
- Ariana Grande rides into the desert with new guy in 'Into You' video
- 'Blindspot' unveils summer-long social scavenger hunt
- 'Blindspot' shocker: Who is Jane Doe, really?
- Animals with A-list voices take center stage in full 'Sing' trailer
- Nyle DiMarco’s freestyle is ‘best’ in ‘DWTS’ history, Carrie-Ann Inaba says
- '12 Monkeys': What's happened to Railly?
- 'The Flash': Can Barry stop Zoom from destroying the multi-verse?