Well, New Girl, meet pointed satire. Paulilu, a New York sketch comedy group, has released Old Girl, their own spin on FOX’s runaway hit. This time, the new roommate isn’t Jessica Day, an odd but attractive young teacher who’s 90% bangs, but Muriel Rosenberg, a cranky octogenarian played by Helen Slayton-Hughes. She’s quick with age-appropriate pop references – silent film hunk Rudolph Valentino, the ’80s procedural Murder She Wrote – and has trouble with pesky amenities like TiVo. What’s funny is that the dynamics of Old Girl are basically the same as on New Girl. Watch it below.
Posted November 29 2012 — 12:57 PM EST
- 'Contracted: Phase II' director talks about his 'surreal' VMAs experience
- Sneak Peek: Early scoop from EW's Shondaland issue
- Shonda Rhimes reveals the shows she wishes she created
- Check into 'Oscar’s Hotel' with this exclusive trailer for the Vimeo series
- Read an exclusive excerpt from Jacqueline West's eerie novel, 'Dreamers Often Lie'
- Caitlyn Jenner and Kris Jenner meet for the first time in 'I Am Cait' clip
- Colin Farrell must find love in 'The Lobster' trailer
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Alessandra Ambrósio, The Kardashians, Malin Akerman & More!