Well, New Girl, meet pointed satire. Paulilu, a New York sketch comedy group, has released Old Girl, their own spin on FOX’s runaway hit. This time, the new roommate isn’t Jessica Day, an odd but attractive young teacher who’s 90% bangs, but Muriel Rosenberg, a cranky octogenarian played by Helen Slayton-Hughes. She’s quick with age-appropriate pop references – silent film hunk Rudolph Valentino, the ’80s procedural Murder She Wrote – and has trouble with pesky amenities like TiVo. What’s funny is that the dynamics of Old Girl are basically the same as on New Girl. Watch it below.
Posted November 29 2012 — 12:57 PM EST
- 'The Muppets': First musical guest star is Imagine Dragons
- The Muppets get down to Kool and the Gang's 'Jungle Boogie'
- Jessica Williams on Jon Stewart's 'Daily Show' legacy
- Find out the No. 1 movie on the day you were born
- Cast confirmed for Woody Allen's next film
- Mary J. Blige helps out Taraji P. Henson in new 'Lip Sync Battle' clip
- See Iceman, Littlefinger in new trailer for Xbox One exclusive 'Quantum Break'