Keith Moon died before he got old, but Ginger Baker, the other legendary wild-man drummer of British rock, lived to be a cranky, clear-eyed old man. Beware of Mr. Baker stays true to his recklessly free spirit. Spitting obscenities at the film’s director, Jay Bulger, Baker recalls his days as: the ’60s thrash caveman who gave Cream and Blind Faith their transcendent power surge; the pioneer of druggy hotel-room rampages; and the damaged purist who left the pop world for Africa. The movie salutes the rhythms and the wreckage. B+
BEWARE OF MR. BAKER 'Cream' drummer, Ginger Baker (Snag Films)
Genre: Documentary; Starring: Bob Adcock, Tony Allen, Carmine Appice; Director: Jay Bulger; Release Date Limited: 11/28/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 92; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: SnagFilms
Posted November 30 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'iZombie' season 2 trailer teases what (or who) is on the menu for Liv Moore
- Casting Net: Mad Men star Jessica Pare cast in Lovesick
- 'Can't Buy Me Love' star Amanda Peterson's cause of death was an overdose
- Sony reaches settlement in hacking lawsuits
- Stephen Colbert counters Jeb Bush's 'Late Show' raffle with his own contest
- On the set of 'American Horror Story: Hotel': A foursome with Lady Gaga and Matt Bomer
- Steven Spielberg’s DreamWorks could leave Disney next year
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!