Keith Moon died before he got old, but Ginger Baker, the other legendary wild-man drummer of British rock, lived to be a cranky, clear-eyed old man. Beware of Mr. Baker stays true to his recklessly free spirit. Spitting obscenities at the film’s director, Jay Bulger, Baker recalls his days as: the ’60s thrash caveman who gave Cream and Blind Faith their transcendent power surge; the pioneer of druggy hotel-room rampages; and the damaged purist who left the pop world for Africa. The movie salutes the rhythms and the wreckage. B+
BEWARE OF MR. BAKER 'Cream' drummer, Ginger Baker (Snag Films)
Genre: Documentary; Starring: Bob Adcock, Tony Allen, Carmine Appice; Director: Jay Bulger; Runtime (in minutes): 92; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: SnagFilms
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- 'Game of Thrones': 'High Sparrow'--TV vs. books
- First look of Kodi Smit-McPhee as Nightcrawler in 'X-Men'
- 'Winter Is Coming Live' recaps latest 'Game of Thrones' episode, 'High Sparrow'
- 'Descendants' trailer: Meet the Disney villains' teen-age kids
- 'Ridiculous Six' Native American actors threaten to walk off in video
- German movie theaters boycott 'Ultron'
- 'Super Troopers 2' nets $4.4M from fans